This week's round-up... 02/03/2012
- The Woman in Black reigns at the box office, setting a record for British horror in the process
- Filmhouse sends some intrepid folk on an inspirational print transport odyssey!
- The Light House in Wolverhampton launches a fundraising campaign to go digital
- Bath Film Festival launches two new awards the IMDb Script to Screen & New Film Maker Awards
- Are you a creative & cultural leader? If so tickets are still available for Cr8net 2012, taking place in London on 24th April
- All About Audiences are running a free workshop in Lancaster on 22 March on behalf of ACE in the North West, the Insight Workshop and Toolkit Launch
- The Henley review of cultural education emphasises the need for arts in the national curriculum, pledges money for national film academies
- For documentary filmmakers who want to learn how to develop and pitch their films: the Engine Room Pitch Workshop is back and will be held at Chapter, Cardiff from 22-23 March
- Images and words around the construction of the new Barbican cinemas in London
- Find inspiration at Instant Cinema, a platform for experimental film, video and computer art
- Film bloggers, put yourselves on the map!
- From 8 Foundation, a lovely list of films to delight children (and adults)
Calls for submissions
- BFI Shorts 2012 are calling for entries for their new shorts production scheme, managed by Lighthouse in Brighton, which will support up to 20 live-action projects with budgets from £25,000 to £50,000
- Refuge in Films 2012 deadline 30 March www.refugeinfilms.org/call4films.php
- Wimbledon SHORTS Short Film Competition/Festival deadline 31 March www.wimbledonshorts.com
- Edinburgh Short Film Festival 2012 deadline 26 May 2012 www.edinburghshortfilmfestival.com/submit
- Aesthetica Short Film Festival 2012 deadline 31 May 2012 www.asff.co.uk/submit.htm
- Just opened: Encounters Short Film Festival 2012 deadline 6 June 2012 www.encounters-festival.org.uk/submissions.html
- Plus a helpful article on how to get your short film noticed.