The ICO is widely acknowledged as the leading consultancy service for establishing and growing cinemas. We offer a fee-based consultancy service to cinema operators, individuals, business people, arts organisations, local authorities, interest groups and others looking to develop a new cinema or improve an existing one.
Want to start a cinema and make sure you’re making the right decisions every step of the way?
Running a cinema and want to grow your audience or take it to the next level?
Our consultancy team have decades of experience helping create world-class local cinemas.
The ICO is widely acknowledged as the leading consultancy service for establishing and growing cinemas. The ICO offers a fee-based consultancy service to cinema operators, individuals, business people, arts organisations, local authorities, interest groups and others looking to develop a new independent cinema or assess and improve an existing one.
Our recent work
Our recent work helping cinemas establish, develop and grow includes:
The Empire Cinema in Holyhead was due for closure, but, after ICO consultancy with the town council, is now a major community asset with over 43,000 admissions a year, with plans to open a second screen. The ICO was able to provide business strategy, audience development and technical advice to the Empire.
Saffron Screen in Saffron Walden was set up following a feasibility study by the ICO. As the cinema has grown over the last ten years, the ICO has continued to consult on development plans as they plan to open a new site with two to three screens.
ICO consultancy helped The Wotton Electric Picture House develop a business plan that has allowed the cinema to continue and grow as a community asset, with increased screenings, higher visitor numbers and streamlined marketing.
Areas of work
- audience research and audience development: understanding who your audience and their behaviour; developing strategies for how to increase attendance and diversity of audiences
- business planning: how to make your business more sustainable, understand business threats and develop new routes to profitability
- film programming: how to change your approach to your film selection to grow audiences
- technical advice: converting a space into a cinema, adding a second screen, understanding technical considerations.
- organisational review
- cinema development and feasibility studies
The fees charged are based on a daily rate of £450 + VAT.
If you have a project that you would like to discuss with us, please contact David Sin | email@example.com | 020 7079 0475.