News Round-up... 21/12/2012
Final round-up of the year and what a year it has been blood, sweat and tears! So, whats new at the end of the world?
News & Opportunities
- Feeling flush and filmic? More specifically, got 700 and want to name a seat at the BFI Southbank in aid of the Institutions charitable activities? Well you can here, and youll get a nifty plaque to boot.
- David Puttnam (he of the Film Distributors Association) has said cinemas must focus on the customer experience in the face of rising home digital outlets. Interesting and insightful – a must-read over at the Hollywood Reporter.
- For those of you considering 3D in your cinemas, Screen has a great article about the pros and cons, reported from the recent 3D Film Mart in Belgium.
- Perhaps not the most joyful of reads for this time of year, but worthwhile nonetheless The Film Collaborative has an interview with Ariel Veneziano of Recreation Media about the state of international sales for independent films.
- Looking to equip your cinema with at least one 2k digital projector? Of course you are. Well good news, submissions are open for financial support from MEDIA. All info and to apply here.
- We desperately need exhibitors voices to be heard in the conversation being had about the future of our creative industries and this is the opportunity to do so. Creative Skillset is looking for both employers and professionals to take part in surveys which will help to shape policy. Follow the links for more and to get involved.
- Bigger, better, bolder – but still short, The London Short Film Festival is back for its 10th year and it is going to be a barnstormer. No doubt.
- Who likes freedom? Lets All Be Free Film Festival certainly does!
- Consider this an early present.