Oh no wait, oh no first I gotta show you this 🙂
Feeling better? Good. Here goes:
- You know we are releasing Post Tenebras Lux – Carlos Reygadas’ brilliant, dangerous, award winning nightmare – right? Right, well, in anticipation of this we have launched a collaborative forum around Carlos Reygadas body of work, called After Cinema Words. Yours truly may have even contributed, but I dont plug its just not me.
- Gotta go check out the @Flatpack Festival programme. Not in Birmingham? Its worth the trip.
- An independent British film being distributed through games consoles; @Microsoft becoming a film distributor? Is the future here (or, in true movie fashion, is it Coming Soon)… and what does it mean for Indie Cinemas and venues?
- …and on that note: Tesco Launches ClubcardTV. Supermarket giant + VOD Platform = ?
- The Power of Free a really interesting article about the rejuvenation of @_FICCI_ through the use of free screenings. Nicely ties into previous articles on IndieWire about funding of festivals the debate continues.
- The UK is an increasingly cluttered and expensive market in which to release films, according to new Film Distributors Association figures … y’dont say!
- @northernmedia and @movieScope have teamed up with the @BFI for the UK Film Forum; fancy chattin with the high and mighty of the British film industry? Drop 150 and you are there.
- @FilmAgencyWales are hosting Audience Connect, a panel of industry experts – hosted by Lord Puttnam, the BFIs Ben Roberts and Ridley Scott Associates MD, Kai Lu Hsiung – will consider the changing relationship between audience and content in the on-demand, digital age.
- As per usual, @LUXmovingimage has a round-up of all the must-go-to events in the world of Artists Moving Image. Find out more here.
- Those beautiful people @sheffdocfest have launched a series of initiatives to help filmmakers get a commission for their project in collaboration with the BFI, New York Times and Wellcome Trust find out more here, here and here.
- Bristol Film Offices Encounters Short Film and Animation Festival present 0117 Hour Digital Short Challenge an invitation for filmmakers, animators, visual and sound artists to make digital shorts focused on the theme of Journeys. Now open for entries.
- @Film_London is once again continuing its stellar work for audience development with Cultivate: Inspiring Future Audiences, a comprehensive three day event for exhibitor skills development.
- SOS (or Save Our Scripts) is an opportunity for writers and producers to meet and collaborate, building relationships necessary to fast track their careers. Speakers include Oscar Winner Simon Beaufroy. Run by @bureaufilmco, this is a brilliant opportunity.
- Following one of our training initiatives Creative Digital Marketing Jo Comino of @borderlines discusses her approach to digital marketing with @guardianfilm. Really very insightful.
- Northern Film & Media and Digital Union present International Film Markets Workshop, an absolutely brilliant opportunity for new producers to learn about film markets and the business of connecting with financiers. Find out more here.
- @GrolschFW hosts a timely reminder of why Steven Soderbergh should be considered one of the Amercian greats, by @TomSeymour. Read all about it here.
- @TheWrap lets us know which 20 filmmakers make the bestest use of Twitter. I mean, you gotta follow @SpikeLee, right?
- Always good for a left-field, far-flung story of international creativity, @BritishCouncil has a fascinating article about short films made by young people from Afghanistan.