So it’s unseasonably cold and our springtime is going to be like this for the rest of… well, forever according to climate scientists and the changes occurring to the gulf stream may in fact induce a new ice age; but hey, its perfect cinema-going weather, right?
YEAH IT IS!
- We are releasing 2013s BAFTA Shorts, the cream of the crop of British filmmaking talent in a format that needs your support – surely a must-see? If your mind isnt made up then check out @BAFTAs podcast on all eight films.
- @Andreas Wiseman of @ScreenDaily covers the quickly changing landscape of the UKs VOD network. It begs the question, what does this mean for independent cinema?
- @Independent has an interesting article about the rising costs of going to the cinema, with particular focus on our favourite picture house snack POPcorn.
- @CurzonCinemas floor staff are turning to unions in protest over pay, contracts and working conditions. @NewStatesman covers the story. Will their voices be heard? And what does this mean for other indies…
- @TheatrMwldan has seen a sales rise of nearly 40% following its major expansion plans a sign of the need for further investment in the independent cinema sector; the benefits of taking a calculated risk?
- @ScreenBandita host Fuaim is Solas with musicians playing to projected images. Its all about Glasgow.
- If you didnt know, @BirdsEyeViewFF is awesome festival celebrating women filmmakers. Check out their programme and show your support!
- The London Palestine Film Festival is about to kick-off and with a series of talks and events aimed at giving voice to the Palestinian people, it couldnt be more exciting.
- As per usual, @LUXmovingimage has a round-up of all the must-go-to events in the world Artists Moving Image. Find out more here.
- Aesthetica Short Film Festival is open for submissions and they are looking for innovation (naturally) get over there and submit!
- The wonderful people of Freshly Squeezed International Student Film Festival have a kickstarter campaign on the go and they are deserving of some support. Go-Go!
- Following the sad passing of the great Rogert Ebert, Werner Herzog makes a moving tribute to the man and his craft – #thegoodsoldier
- In anticipation of his latest work, @theartsdesk has 10 Questions for Francois Ozon.
- Always good for a left-field, far-flung story of international creativity, @BritishCouncil has a fascinating article about short films made by young people from Afghanistan.
- Haven’t heard of Vine yet? Pfft.