News Round-up... 04/10/2013
Serious News Headlines
- As we prepare for the London Film Festival fizz-bang, @BFI have announced that the premiere screening of Captain Phillips will be beamed via the wonder of satellite to 30 towns and cities across the country #hitechfuturefilmfestivals
- WOAH! Curzon Film World has penned a deal with BT to host their VOD service. Vertically integrated much!
- @IconFilm is returning to the UK distribution sector. What can we expect from the production powerhouse? How about horror Demonic starring Maria Bello and, um, Postman Pat: The Movie for starters; a dangerous mix.
- For those in Scotland looking to map, measure and grow audiences, @Culture_Public has launched; a bridging of the Culture Sparks and The Audience Business divide.
- @Close_upFilm reports from the 10th Anniversary of the Sahara International Film Festival (@FiSahara), which Javier Bardem calls a miracle. Fair.
- Does the exhibition sector (and film industry in general) need its own Steve Jobs? Nigel Sinclair of @ExclusiveEMG thinks so. Perhaps he is that man! Or perhaps not. Or perhaps you are!
- New @IMAX set for Manchester KAPOW!
- AAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!! That was for you lot sleeping in the back, because @FestivalDinard, the beautiful Britannic seaside resort, is hosting the 24th annual British Film Festival. Short ferry ride, loads-a movies, French food. WIN!
- DING! DING! DING! Exhibitor Breakfast @RitzyCinema coming up during the London Film Festival register your credentials here. I hope they’re doing eggs royale.
- @GreenHornFilm is a short film festival for emerging talent and it demands your attention, even Mike Leigh thinks so. Tickets on sale now!
- Full details of this years Jarman Award public programme, hosted by @_TheWhitechapel, have been announced and yep, you guessed it, this gets my coveted Must See No Brainer Award!
- Longing for more psychedelic cinema? Well get ready to trip-balls with Tripoteca 2013 @HorseHospital get tickets now!
- Heres a thing: @ECA100 is hosting an event cinema networking, uh, event at the Cineworld in O2 Arena. Find out more!
- @LUXmovingimage has a round-up of all the must-go-to events in the world of Artists Moving Image. Find out more here.
- GreatBigPlug.com has announced that @ICOtweets has another training event coming up, this one @ShowroomCinema, and its on Audience Development. I mean, topical or what!
- Want some ideas on how European cinema can compete with Hollywood? Head on over to Bits of Freedom for more.
- The beautiful people over at @BeaconHillArts, who promote the work of talented filmmakers who have learning disabilities and additional needs, have announced their film of the month and its great.
- Winner of @WSheds DepicT competition is a little ditty about being from the street. Sort of.
- @theartsdesk, my go to guy for opinion and comment hits, has a great piece on The Wicker Man, which as you well know is being reissued for its 40th anniversary, all uncut and suped-up…
- @BirdsEyecViewFF hosts an excellent and insightful interview with two of LFF’s finest programmers: Jemma Desai and Laure Bonville. Must Read No Brainer this.