- Are you seeking advice on what equipment to buy for your community film events?
- Want to put on screenings in your event space but need advice on setting up a temporary cinema?
- Are you looking for affordable upgrades to your kit, but are not sure of the difference between LED, LCD and DLP projectors, or which sound system is suitable for your space?
Join us for an informal information session that will provide advice on sourcing good quality, affordable and durable equipment that suits your space, level of expertise and set-up requirements.
The ICO, in partnership with Film Hub South East, are running an informal information session and presentation on the considerations to be made when sourcing equipment for community film events and pop-up screenings, as part of our Technical Skills for Digital Exhibition scheme, which provides bespoke advice and assistance for independent exhibitors across the UK. Led by projectionist and technician Paul Willmott, the Community and Pop-up Cinema Workshop aims to equip exhibitors with practical advice and tips on what to think about when purchasing equipment and setting it up in smaller, non-traditional cinema settings. Paul will demonstrate the essential kit required for optimal presentation, when to think about upgrading, and will respond to individual queries in a Q&A session.
You will learn:
- What to consider when sourcing or upgrading your equipment
- The screening equipment options available to you
- The basic equipment required for screenings, and how much it should cost
- How to minimise set-up and professionalise small-scale screening events
The workshop is kindly being hosted by the Ipswich Film Theatre, a a community-based two screen cinema situated in the Corn Exchange in King Street, Ipswich.
This event is open to all types of exhibitors, from small community cinemas and film clubs to mixed arts venues, galleries and museums.
Refreshments will be served. 20 places available for Film Hub members.
If you are interested in attending this Tech Skills event, please RSVP to email@example.com to confirm your attendance.
This event is supported by the Independent Cinema Office and the BFI Film Audience Network.