London Independent Film Festival
Salary: Reasonable expenses covered
London Independent Film Festival is looking for volunteers to support this year’s festival.
Support independent filmmakers and get to know key players in the UK film industry by volunteering at this year’s LIFF. Help us make 2022 the festival’s best year yet, while gaining valuable free insights into all aspects of filmmaking.
- LIFF has been running for 19 years, and in 2022 returns to the real world after a two year hiatus / virtual options during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Your time and support is vital and helps us continue to run an inclusive, diverse festival for first-time and emerging indie filmmakers.
- As a volunteer, you will be invited to a pre-event briefing on Zoom and receive more information by email to ensure you’re fully up-to-speed with roles and responsibilities before Friday 1 April when LIFF kicks off.
- Contact LIFF to register your interest in volunteering. You can volunteer for all or some of the days/activity slots in the festival, on any of the afternoons and evening between 1–10 April inclusive. You can get involved for as little or as long as you can spare, even if you’ve only got half an hour to give.
- Key roles and responsibilities for volunteers include helping set up; operating the front desk; checking tickets and allocating wristbands; running events (involving helping VIPs and operating microphones); helping manage the guest list; and helping to ensure the smooth running of the festival.
- You’ll also get to experience amazing films and meet industry leaders who can give you insights into production and distribution.
- LIFF will cover subsistence during the event, and reasonable travel costs will be supported on a case-by-case basis (please enquire about this when getting in touch about volunteering).
- Get in touch with Melanie Ryan via firstname.lastname@example.org or 07444 088254.
- Attend the pre-event briefing via Zoom – expected to be held on Wednesday 30 March.
The closing date for this position is 27/03/2022 at 23:59