David Lean Cinema
David Lean Cinema is seeking to fill a number of voluntary positions including Secretary, Volunteer Coordinators and Box Office Manager.
- To minute the monthly meetings of the Committee, to clear these with the Chair and circulate an agreed version. To agree an agenda for these meetings with the Chair beforehand and circulate it.
- To organise the Annual General Meeting of the Campaign including arrangements for election of Committee members.
- To arrange for the appointment of paid staff, the preparation of contracts of employment for them and the up-dating of these contracts to reflect changes in pay and hours.
- To minute other meetings for instance with the Council as necessary.
- To prepare draft letters for the Chair as necessary.
- To prepare and agree changes to the Campaign’s constitution and Articles of Association.
- To organise the appointment of Directors and liaise with Companies House as necessary including the annual return on our work as a CIC.
A capacity to plan ahead. Experience of preparing written work of various kinds to deadlines including, if possible, writing minutes of meetings. Experience of contributing to the development of an organisation, playing a full part in discussions on new initiatives. An interest in the cinema would be helpful.
The current Volunteer Coordinator at the cinema is seeking one or two people to train in this role. It may be carried out by an individual or as a “job share”, to which there are many advantages. The cinema is looking for a well-organised person who has both interpersonal and administrative skills.
The role includes all aspects of managing ateam of around 80 volunteers – liaising, interviewing, training, monitoring, attending meetings, answering queries, keeping computerised records up-to-date and compiling the monthly volunteer schedule.
- understanding the detail of the 3 main roles – steward, box office and arts bar
- compilation and maintenance of up-to-date records, guidelines and other documents
- interviewing and training new volunteers, as well as helping to organise regular training sessions for all established volunteers
- responding to queries from volunteers, patrons and colleagues
- attending monthly committee meetings and occasional other meetings
- compiling the monthly schedule (arts bar, stewards, box office) for about 80 volunteers (shared with two others)
The hours are spread over the week rather than concentrated in one day, and vary considerably from week to week.
Ideally, you would be well-organised, able to use your initiative, understand confidentiality, have an eye for detail, be good with people, but also have good admin skills, have enough time available, live locally (so as get to the cinema easily) and have good computer skills.
Box Office Manager
David Lean Cinema is looking for a volunteer to manage the Box Office. You would ensure that the information on TicketSource website is accurate and up-to-date; monitor sales; and work with others to make sure that the supply of seats keeps pace with the demand for tickets – for instance by arranging extra showings of popular films.
You need good IT skills (though you do not need to be an expert). You must be able to work quickly and accurately. You need to be able to work well with others. (If you wish, a demonstration of the TicketSource system can be arranged.)
To apply or request further information, click here.
The closing date for this position is 31/03/2020 at 23:59