Voluntary Placement: Production and Marketing
UK Jewish Film
Salary: Unpaid (travel expenses paid)
- Voluntary position
- Lunch and travel expenses covered
UK Jewish Film is seeking someone for a voluntary placement to help with the production and marketing of the 22nd UK Jewish Film Festival.
UK Jewish Film exhibits the best of world Jewish cinema in the UK and internationally, provides support and training to new and emerging filmmakers, and produces education and interfaith events for a wide variety of audiences.
Internship placements are designed to provide successful candidates with hands on experience in production and marketing of the year round programme and international festivals including Geneva International Jewish Film Festival and UK Jewish Film Festival.
Under the supervision of the Marketing Manager and Head of Operations, as well as through interaction with other team members, distributors and filmmakers, the successful candidates will have the opportunity to engage in a full spectrum of entry level tasks, gaining an understanding of how the organisation works as well as acquiring practical knowledge and skills required in the film industry. Interns are encouraged to attend UK Premieres and special events as part of the internship.
Placements are awarded to enthusiastic candidates who wish to build on their skills in this environment and gain a broader understanding through practical experience.
- Assisting with operational and logistical aspects of the events
- Assisting with planning and implementation of the marketing strategies
- Contributing ideas to marketing campaign plans for specific events
- Generating content for printed programme, UKJF website, e-newsletters, social media and other channels as required
- Researching marketing opportunities with partner organisations both on- and off-line
- Assisting with print production
- Liaising with partners and associates
- Assisting with ticketing and administrative tasks
To gain the full experience, interns are strongly encouraged to participate in the entire range of activities. Ideal candidates will demonstrate a willingness to develop in all aspects of the department’s work.
- Interest in film
- Interest in developing a career in marketing/film industry
- Excellent literacy skills
- Excellent IT skills
For more information or to apply please contact Maria Sikora, Head of Operations: email@example.com
Please attach your CV, cover letter and indicate your availability in your application email.
The closing date for this position is 12/08/2018 at 23:59