Video Encoding Specialist
Salary: £23,000 to £24,000 per annum
MUBI, the rapidly growing global streaming service curating the world’s best cinema, is seeking a highly motivated individual to join its team in London.
Working in MUBI’s Content Materials Ingestion team, you will be one of the people responsible for receiving, storing and encoding materials for the MUBI platform.
The Video Encoding Specialist reports to the Director of Encoding and is responsible for:
- Timely reception of source media from our distributors and the inventory-keeping of such material.
- Encoding of films using our encoder app to a mezzanine profile and impeccable QC of such files once encoded.
- Simple video editing and audio channel remapping.
- Providing video assets to other areas of the company whether required for press screeners, trailer editing, marketing assets etc.
- Managing many deliveries simultaneously to meet all programming deadlines.
MUBI’s ideal candidate
You will have solid experience with handling all sorts of digital media, understand the difference between a codec and a container, and have done extensive video encoding in either a professional or personal capacity. You can rattle off a long list of software tools that you think might be useful to continuously improve your own workflow and stay on top of market innovations. Above all else, you are a quick and autodidactic learner and can adapt to any technical challenge thrown at you.
You will also be:
- A team player with a can-do attitude.
- Impeccable in your attention to detail.
- Organised, punctual and patient.
- A film lover with a passion for the type of cinema MUBI champions.
This is a permanent contract position. It is based at MUBI’s head office in London; however, flexible working is an option.
If working on a wide range of interesting, impactful projects with a world class team excites you, MUBI wants to hear from you! Please send your cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: all applicants will be required to prove their right to work in the uk.
The closing date for this position is 17/09/2021 at 23:59