Venue & Zone Coordinator
Salary: £20,092.00 - £21,748.00 pro rata
Leeds Film has an exciting opportunity to be part of the venue and zone teams who help deliver some of the leading festivals in Leeds.
We are looking for people to work as part of a pool of Venue & Zone Coordinators at festivals organised by Arts, Events & Venues throughout the year. The festivals include: the UK’s largest annual arts and light festival Light Night Leeds (14 and 15 October 2021); the Oscar and BAFTA-qualifying Leeds International Film Festival (3-18 November 2021); and the UK’s largest film festival for children and families, Leeds Young Film Festival (Easter 2022).
The role will coordinate screening or event activities, audiences and volunteers at a venue or within a zone area for festivals: venues include cinemas like Vue at The Light Leeds and Everyman Leeds, and zones include areas of arts activities like Millennium Square and Victoria Leeds. The responsibilities of the role will include: coordinating screening or event activities and schedules at a venue or within a zone; coordinating a team of volunteers at a venue or within a zone area and looking after their safety and well-being; and coordinating ticket sales and seating.
We are looking for candidates who meet criteria including excellent organisational and communication skills, experience of coordinating screenings or events, and experience of coordinating teams of volunteers.
Please note the following before applying for this role:
- We will be looking in particular at whether you have provided evidence that you have the experience we require. Please include full details of what you have done in your previous roles on your application form and give examples that relate to the requirements of the role.
- We are recruiting for a casual pool of coordinators and being offered a place following application and interview does not automatically guarantee working on an event.
- This is a casual role and hours of work will vary from event to event and will include some evening and weekend work.
- There may be some preparation work and training required before the events and evaluation and other work afterwards.
- We are also recruiting for a pool of Venue & Zone Supervisors and you can apply for both positions.
Please visit the Leeds Film website.
The closing date for this position is 23/07/2021 at 23:30