Venue Supervisor (Events and Marketing)
Salary: £11.55 per hour
Catford Mews is looking for an exceptional events supervisor. Two days a week will be spent as venue supervisor (responsible for the day-to-day running of Catford Mews’ bar and cinema) and three days a week will be overseeing all private hire enquiries, live music bookings, community and cinema events.
Catford Mews is a brand-new venue that embraces Catford’s rich and vibrant culture. We’ve transformed a 23,000 square foot Poundland into a three screen cinema, live performance space, food market with local vendors, coffee shop and are soon launching the live music and community space. Catford Mews aims to support local businesses and develop a creative community who will be able to work, create and perform all under one roof and reach out to the community through affordable performance and learning. We will be front and centre of the exciting regeneration of Catford. The Really Local Group has ambitious plans to expand to five new sites over the next three years and we are looking for people who can join us on this journey. As our event programme grows, and our hire enquiries increase we are looking for someone to support the Programme and Marketing manager to deliver a vibrant and successful community venue at Catford Mews. This is a unique opportunity to help shape our venue and be a founder member of the Catford Mews team.
About the job:
We are looking for an exceptional events supervisor. Two days a week will be spent as venue supervisor (responsible for the day-to-day running of Catford Mews’ bar and cinema) and three days a week will be overseeing all private hire enquiries, live music bookings, community and cinema events. This is a great opportunity to take a supporting role in managing the venue’s bar and cinema events and marketing. You will have a passion for creating inspiring events and will help develop Catford Mews as a venue for live music and community gatherings.
You will have a strong background in event management and an interest in the South London music scene and whilst experience in film exhibition is preferred, it is not essential. You will be also be a key holder and have responsibility for adhering to all licensing practices, health & safety rules, risk assessments and fire safety procedures during your venue supervisor shifts.
Excellent communication skills will be required as you’ll be responsible for maintaining excellent customer service throughout the venue, whilst managing the front of house team during your shift, providing them with clear directions and timely feedback. Our ideal candidate will maintain exceptional standards, have excellent attention to detail and always be learning to make sure our community feels welcome in our venue. You must be a problem solver and have a genuine interest in exciting event proposals and have experience in managing events from point of enquiry to delivery. We are looking for someone who has an eye for potential and can recognise a great event from the early stages, and who is committed to delivering these for the community.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Effective day-to-day shift supervision of the cinema’s bar and operations
- Replying to all event & hire enquiries and managing the event calendar.
- Ensuring health & safety and fire regulations are implemented and maintained
- Ensuring the licensing objectives are adhered to
- Responsibility for staff, stock, customer service and cash handling during shift
- Assisting in staff training & rota supervision
- Championing our film and event programme and positively promoting these within the venue
- Building a strong and positive relationship with colleagues
- Setting up events including furniture and basic tech set-up.
- Marketing events and overseeing social media channels for the venue.
- Working with the Bar & Tech supervisor to ensure events are delivered to the highest standard possible.
- Updating the online and in print listings for cinema and events.
- Ensuring our events gain the maximum exposure in London and beyond.
Qualifications and experience:
- Experience at a supervisory level at a bar and cinema/cultural venue
- High level of interest and understanding of live music operations
- Proven administrative skills including Word and Excel
- First Aid Trained
- Basic AV and projection training
- Health & Safety trained
- Food Hygiene Trained
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent motivational skills with the ability to inspire others
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good administrative skills including MS Office
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as lead team members where needed
- Positive and flexible attitude
- A people centred approach to problem solving
- A commitment to Catford Mews’ values and mission statement
For more information on the role and on how to apply, click here.
The closing date for this position is 30/09/2019 at 23:59