Various Volunteer Opportunities
Leeds International Film Festival (LIFF) & Independent Directions Festival (INDIs)
Leeds International Film Festival (LIFF) and Independent Directions Festival (INDIs) is looking for Venue Assistants, Runners and Drivers for Leeds International Film Festival (LIFF) & Independent Directions Festival (INDIs).
Leeds International Film Festival (LIFF) is the largest event of its kind in England outside of London and this year runs from 6th to 21st November. A qualifying film festival for the Academy Awards and BAFTAs, LIFF presents over 300 screenings and events at new and historic venues including Vue Leeds at The Light, Everyman Leeds, Hyde Park Picture House and Leeds Town Hall.
Independent Directions Film Festival (INDIs) returns across various independent venues in Leeds from 10th to 13th October. INDIs includes specialist screenings of films, including independent British and International cinema, industry sessions, panel discussions and other events entirely curated for an audience of 16-30 year olds.
- Venue Assistants – Help run individual festival screenings, leading on ushering and assisting our Venue Coordinators. A passion for cinema and excellent customer service skills are a must.
- Runners – Take on a wide variety of tasks to help the smooth running and operation of the film festival. An ability to think on your feet and boundless energy are required.
- Drivers – Driver volunteer positions are available to take our guests to and from venues, hotels and airports. You must be over 25 with a full driving license to apply for this position.
Our Digital Assistant volunteer roles will be announced soon.
Benefits for our film festival volunteers include:
- Experiencing a unique film festival atmosphere and meeting like-minded cinema lovers;
- Having the chance to see some of the most talked-about new films ahead of their UK release;
- 5 free tickets plus access to all the films and events you are working on;
- A free film festival t-shirt;
- An invite to the LIFF Closing Party – especially to say thank you!
For more information on the role and details on how to apply, click here.
The closing date for this position is 06/10/2019 at 20:00