Treasurer - Board of Trustees
Birds' Eye View
Birds’ Eye View is looking for someone to join their Board of Trustees as Treasurer.
About the Role
We’re looking to collaborate with someone with solid finance or accountancy experience from the charitable sector, which could include working with charities within film, the arts, social justice campaign work. If you think you could aid our mission and joining us would help you achieve your aims, then you’re likely an ideal candidate for us.
- Working with the charity administrator to present financial reports to the board in a format that helps the board understand the charity’s financial position
- Advising the board on how to carry out its financial responsibilities
- Working with, and appointing, the charity’s accountants and financial advisors
- Overseeing the preparation and scrutiny of annual accounts
- Along with the executive director, be responsible to review and update the risk register document
- To help formulate and scrutinise short term and long-term strategy in accordance with the charities goals
- To attend 5 x meetings per year, plus ad hoc meetings and phone calls as required.
- To serve as (revolving) Chair for approximately 10 weeks and facilitate approximately one Trustee meeting every 18 months. We are trialing this as a revolving responsibility so that every Trustee has the opportunity to facilitate and to make the Board non-hierarchical.
- To fulfil a tenure of up to 3 x years, for a maximum of two terms.
Please note that all day-to-day financial duties, such as book-keeping, budgeting and preparation of reports are done by the executive team and this isn’t considered a responsibility of the Treasurer / Board of Trustees.
See here for a more detailed job description.
How to Apply
Please send a written letter (no more than two pages), or audio or video recording (no longer than 5 minutes), setting out the experience (including work, voluntary, and lived) you would bring to the role of Trustee and how you hope to gain from the experience.
The closing date for this position is 23/09/2022 at 10:00