Trainee Film Programmers
London Indian Film Festival
Manchester, Birmingham or Leeds
Salary: Reasonable expenses covered
London Indian Film Festival is looking for a group of trainee programmers with a passion for film and an interest in South Asian Cinema to join its UK-wide festival team from August to mid-October.
About London Indian Film Festival
London Indian Film Festival Ltd (LIFF), with Manchester Indian Film Festival (MIFF), Birmingham Indian Film Festival (BIFF), and this year Leeds Indian Film Festival (LEEIFF) are together UK and Europe’s largest Indian film festivals. We premiere Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Nepali and Sri Lankan films and British Asian films, gaming and XR. Over the last 14 years, we have garnered a reputation as the ‘punk rock of Indian film festivals’, presenting a cutting-edge selection of the very best new independent cinema from the subcontinent.
About the role
Time commitment: One online session (~two hours) every two weeks from the end of August until the end of October.
As a trainee programmer you will gain valuable knowledge from our experienced Programming team in curating, marketing and delivering a film festival.
This will include learning about all aspects of programming, from sourcing new content, negotiating and managing relationships with rights holders, scheduling, broadening your tastes with a group of individuals who are passionate about film and of course getting to watch movies.
Training sessions will begin at the end of August and run until the end of October 2023. These will mostly take place online with hopefully at least one session to be held in person. Dates and times to be confirmed.
What you’ll gain
- Mentorship from experienced industry experts
- Knowledge of South Asian cinema and programming
- Practical experience in programming. Trainee programmers will be shortlisting and finalising films for the festival’s short film programmes
- Free access to all screenings and events at the festival
- A chance to network with industry professionals
Who we are looking for
- Aged 16 – 25
- Based in Manchester or Birmingham or Leeds (surrounding areas included)
- Some knowledge and interest in independent cinema
- Interest in South Asian cinema
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Committed to the programme
- Willingness to learn
- Don’t need prior qualifications
To apply please fill out this form.
The closing date for this position is 17/08/2023 at 23:59