Technical Support Operative
Spinners Mill Cinema
Salary: £18,525 pro rata
Spinners Mill Cinema is looking for a Technical/IT Support Operative to join their team.
Leigh Film C.I.O. at Spinners Mill Cinema aims to deliver lasting change and create a climate where cross-sector partnerships and collaboration drive the development of a sustainable film offer in the Leigh (and Wigan) area(s), with a focus on social isolation, mental health and work for, with and by children and young people. Spinners Mill Cinema (our new permanent home) aspires to create a venue that serves as a focal point for the local community, not only in engagement through film but, through a wider range of art forms, and meeting place. The venue comprises one cinema screen and bar. The project is set up by a charitable trust, Leigh Film C.I.O.
As Technical / IT Support Operative you will support all private events, bookings and community events, end to end. You will build relationships and contacts within the local community and support Spinners Mill in its aims of becoming the focal point in a wide range of art forms, including film. You will manage customer enquiries, face to face, email and telephone and guide our clients through the booking process.
Your main focus will be high quality film delivery, Implementation of IT and Social media platforms, customer service, ensuring that customer specifications are delivered on time, on budget and to a high quality.
Responsibilities and duties
- To support outreach projects at the The Turnpike Centre, Leigh Parish Church and future venues
- Establish strong links with community organisations
- To work with the Business Development Manager to Implement Leigh Film Society C.I.O. business plan 2020- 2025
- Project in the following formats: DCP, 35mm, 16mm, Blu-ray, DigiBeta and DVD
- Ensure high standards of film, disc, digital and AV presentation and to ensure the highest possible care of screening materials (prints, tapes, discs etc)
- Manual playlist creation including advert packs
- Set up and manage AV kit (mics, laptops) for Film events, Engagement events and private hires
- Liaise with the business manager on the arrival and despatch of film content
- Inform the business manager promptly of any problems regarding film content
- Inform the business manager of any problems with cinema equipment and to report to our 3rd service providers for support/resolution
- Be responsible, when on duty, for the making up and breaking down of 35mm/16mm prints, for filling in print reports when required and informing the Business Manager of any print quality issues
- Ensure that all projection equipment are in good order, and to report any immediate problems to the Business Manager
- Check the general maintenance of the auditoria and report any problems to the Business Manager
- Cover for other members of the department during periods of annual leave and sickness
- Contribute to the department as a proactive member of the team.
- Implement Leigh Film C.I.O. policies, in particular those around diversity and access. Follow BFI Diversity guidelines
- Maintain Leigh Film Societies C.I.O. , I.T, website and social media platforms to a high standard
- Carry out any other duties relevant to the post as required by the Business manager
Essential skills and experience
- Previous experience as Projectionist/IT manager is essential
- Experience of working in an arts venue is desirable
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are essential
- Excellent IT and organisational skills are essential
- Well-developed time management skills and excellent planning and organisational skills
- A demonstrable commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion, and their practical application and integration in the work environment
- Passion for the cultural sector and supporting the development of film culture in the North
Interviews: Thursday 24 February 2022. Interviews will take place at Spinners Mill Leigh.
This job description sets out the accountabilities of the post at the time when it was drawn up. Such accountabilities may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the accountabilities or the level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and cannot of themselves justify a reconsideration of the pay of the post.
The closing date for this position is 04/02/2022 at 23:59