Technical Services Content Supervisor
British Film Institute
Salary: £30,141 - £35,622 per annum
The BFI is looking for a Technical Services Content Supervisor to work in the busy BFI Southbank Technical team.
The Content Supervisor is responsible for the efficient production and distribution of film, D-Cinema, video and audio content – both self-generated and from external sources – for all screenings and events across the BFI Southbank year-round programme and all BFI festivals.
- DCP and video creation for features, shorts, events and marketing, data management operations and hardware maintenance.
- Coordinate and evaluate the work of the Content team and support expert, flexible and efficient service provision for internal and external clients.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure materials and content are developed, quality controlled and delivered in good time for events.
- Supervise a small team of Content Technicians.
Experience & Skills
- Experience working in a team in a cultural, operational environment, with festival and cinema experience.
- Extensive working knowledge of all aspects of cinema and video screening media, including codecs, disc and tape formats, framerates, subtitling and aspect ratios.
- Good working knowledge and experience of Digital Cinema systems and DCP creation hardware and software.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities, track ongoing projects and manage workloads of team members.
About the BFI
We support diversity and inclusion, and as an organisation recognise that we need to address under representation within our teams. As such we strongly welcome and encourage applicants from our under-represented groups; who identify as D/deaf and disabled and/or are ethnically diverse.
We guarantee a first interview to our under-represented groups who meet our minimum requirements. How we are doing, including our pay gaps can be found on our website.
This role is based at our BFI site in London, Southbank.
You will enjoy benefits such as our pension scheme, excellent support for working parents, 28-33 days annual leave, tickets to BFI festivals and events plus many others.
Further details about the post can be found on our website.
First interviews will be held on Thursday 17 or Friday 18 March 2022
The closing date for this position is 07/03/2022 at 23:59