Soho House are looking for a Technical Manager.
Who we are…
Soho House & Co is a collection of members’ clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada, Europe and Asia, with new openings planned globally.
Soho House is a platform for creativity and a space for its diverse membership and teams to have fun, connect, discover and grow. Our passion is people, and we put members and our team at the heart of everything we do. We promote equality, respect and kindness within our walls, and in every community we create around the world.
Soho House 76 Dean Street Screening Room is located in the heart of Soho. The room hosts 43 seats, providing daily screenings for our members as well as private screenings, screening over 20 different films each week.
Equally as popular for private hire, our clients range from advertising agencies, screenings for press launches or corporate entertaining to birthdays and filmmakers’ rushes, including distributor screenings. The Screening Room is fully digital with 4K digital projector, Dolby Atmos, 3D and satellite capabilities.
The Technical Manager requires a wide range of skills including knowledge and experience in all forms of film and video formats; AV/IT knowledge and experience is preferred as well as the ability to work with different computer systems.
- Full responsibility for the operation of the site as required in all film and digital video formats as well as a comprehensive knowledge of alternative content options. Post production experience is not essential but will be considered an asset.
- Maintenance of all projection equipment with a strength in diagnosis and troubleshooting.
- To be knowledgeable in additional AV equipment across the rest of the building.
- To be the main point of contact with our members and private clients regarding all technical needs and responsibility for sourcing additional hire equipment when necessary.
- Ensure that the process for the receipt, presentation, preparation and dispatch of films and content keys is systematic and effective.
- Preparation of projection staff rota and responsibility for ensuring all holiday is covered.
- Deal with all relevant guest enquiries.
- Ensure the cinema’s compliance within local license requirements.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be flexible and able to work under pressure
- To work a varied rota split over five days, including a minimum of one evening shift per week as well as weekend work when required.
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- Soho Impact: Empowering the Soho House Community to make positive change, through mentoring, apprenticeship, local outreach and sustainability.
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career domestically or internationally as well as managerially or technically.
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training’s and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Paid Time Off: Full-time Employees have sick day’s and holiday days.
The closing date for this position is 11/11/2022 at 23:59