Technical Consultant (part-time)
Regent Street Cinema
Salary: £120 per day (one day per week)
Regent Street Cinema is looking for a Technical Consultant to join their team on a part-time basis.
Renumeration: day rate of £120, one day a week required for public screening schedule (can be split into two half days). Where private hire events require support, additional renumeration made.
Outline of freelance role
To provide a technical service for the projection of films and other content, ensuring that presentation is to the highest possible standards to achieve excellent levels of satisfaction from all customer groups. Also, to manage the end to end film process, from receipt to dispatch and to maintain the projection room and equipment.
- Prepare films and other content for screenings in a timely manner, with due care to avoid damaging material; secure films and other content to avoid opportunities for film theft; prepare films and other content correctly for onward transport and co-ordinate transport to and from the Regent Street Cinema.
- When required, provide projectionist services 35mm and digital formats and show other content as required for screenings, private hires and conferences, in accordance with the cinema’s timetable. This includes making up, previewing, screening and break down 35mm film when required.
- Give guidance to Cinema Manager who are responsible for ensuring the automated digital projection system delivers screenings.
- Maintain and care for projection, sound and other audio-visual equipment to ensure that it is operating safely, to its optimum technical capacity and provide advice on necessary upgrades or replacement of equipment.
- Keep the projection room in a clean, tidy and safe manner, adhering to Health and Safety requirements at all times.
Skills and experience
- Experience of working as a projectionist and with previous responsibility for projection area(s) and demonstrating excellent technical skills
- Experience of working with 35mm projection, including changeover and in digital formats, including automation
- Experience of receiving and ingesting DCP content and KDMs, and building shows in a film system
- Experience of multi-media presentation technology
- Maintenance experience of all cinema equipment
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively and flexibly as a member of a team, to high professional standards and tight deadlines.
- Competent IT skills including knowledge and use of a range of Microsoft Office packages.
- Effective time management skills and ability to maintain focus and to deliver against objectives, even in the face of multiple priorities. Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines without compromising quality or completeness. Ability to adapt and work flexibly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative and to make decisions within the context of an effective evaluation of risk and reward, or to escalate if appropriate.
- Efficient and reliable.
Applications should be sent to: email@example.com
The closing date for this position is 17/05/2021 at 23:59