Talent Comms & Outreach Coordinator
Watershed are looking for a Talent Comms & Outreach Coordinator to deliver compelling communication campaigns and outreach activity in support of BFI Academy Plus and BFI NETWORK.
Watershed’s first value is Inclusive – we are people led. We listen to and engage with the broadest range of people. The information below lays out some of the steps we are taking to create a more inclusive recruitment process. Many of these steps are new to us, so feedback and questions are very welcome.
You may not have worked in a cultural organisation before, or in an organisation like Watershed. Please still consider applying as many other sectors offer transferable contexts.
If you are from a background that is underrepresented in the culture sector – for example you are from a community that experiences racism or you are a disabled person (as defined by the Equalities Act 2010), or you did not go to University or had free school meals as a child – and you would like support to articulate how your experience is transferable to this role, you can book time with us to discuss it. We will ensure the person you meet is not involved in the recruitment process. Please request this by emailing email@example.com (we will not ask you to disclose your background).
We believe our work will be stronger with greater diversity and welcome applications from those who bring balance to our team. Watershed welcomes the whole person to work, and we understand that each of us brings our experiences, our backgrounds and our own unique lens to what we do. Supporting our staff means they are not appointed to represent specific groups or organisations.
Purpose of job
The role is to coordinate and deliver compelling communication campaigns and outreach activity to ensure that the widest possible range of organisations and creative talent across the South West are aware of and can access funding and opportunities available through BFI Academy Plus and BFI NETWORK.
- Develop and deliver effective communication to ensure the widest possible range of talent and organisations across the South West are aware of and can access BFI NETWORK and BFI Academy Plus funding and opportunities
- Deliver and monitor social media campaigns, newsletters and online presence for BFI NETWORK and BFI Academy Plus South West
- Co-ordinate comms campaigns to promote ongoing and new opportunities to regional talent across a variety of platforms and through partners’ networks
- Co-ordinate and participate in the delivery of outreach events.
- Create on-brand and accessible social assets to promote ongoing and new opportunities from BFI NETWORK including images, animated GIFs and short video content
- Commission creatives (photographers, designers, writers, content creators) if and when necessary, liaising with the Talent Executives and Film Academy lead about available budgets
- Work with Watershed’s web development team to support the ongoing development of the web presence for both projects
- Collaborate with the Film Hub South West team and Watershed’s Communications and Talent teams to identify relevant cross- promotional opportunities
- Liaise with BFI NETWORK and BFI Academy Plus central teams as needed, for example to ensure inclusion of south-west activity in their newsletter and socials, or get sign off on assets
- Co-ordinate and chair BFI NETWORK and BFI Film Academy Plus weekly comms team meetings
- Gather and publish relevant and compelling stories and case studies to encourage engagement and advocate for future investment
- Ensure there is adequate monitoring of all BFI NETWORK and BFI Academy Plus comms activity and outreach events to feed into ongoing plans and for reporting purposes
- Input into the design, delivery and documentation of project activity and outreach events
- Provide administrative assistance to the team, including (but not limited to) scheduling marketing campaigns and activity; responding to emails, undertaking research and maintaining databases
- Participate in training in consultation with the Executive Producer.
- Any other duties as reasonably required
Key performance indicators
- Communication and outreach activity is delivered to a high standard, on time and to their target audience and within budget/resources available
- High-quality, dynamic, accessible and engaging content reaches its target audience
- Messaging is regular and consistent across all platforms and in line with Watershed and BFI’s brand values and tone of voice
- Effective monitoring of campaigns and activity to feed into future planning and reporting, and databases and folders are kept up-to-date and organised
- Positive working relationships are developed and nurtured with internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Relevant professional experience in marketing and communications, preferably in a creative or community context
- Experience in managing social media campaigns and writing/creating visual content for multiple channels
- Experience of partnership working and outreach and a demonstrable commitment to access and inclusion
- Strong planning and organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
For more info on the role please see the full listing our website.
Do get in touch if you would like any of this information, or wish to apply, in another format.
Please do not include your CV as it will not be considered. Please put all relevant information on your application form.
We will be conducting short interviews with all applicants who meet the essential criteria. A shortlist will then be invited to a longer second interview.
First round interview / presentation (if relevant): –
Second round interview:
The closing date for this position is 22/03/2023 at 17:00