The Chiswick Cinema
Salary: £11.12 per hour
The Chiswick Cinema is looking for a Supervisor to ensure the cinema is run to a high standard.
Trafalgar Cinemas are thrilled to present The Chiswick Cinema. The brand-new, luxury venue will boast five screens and a private Members’ bar and terrace, along with a café and restaurant. A 16-seat screening room with private dining room attached will be a unique private hire venue.
Our boutique cinema provides an inviting place to meet friends and see films and the Members’ Club, with its unique benefits and access to areas, is an important business driver. Programming includes a mix of mainstream and arthouse current releases, documentaries, family screenings and an array of event cinema.
The Chiswick Cinema is part of Trafalgar Entertainment Group (TE), a live entertainment business founded by Sir Howard Panter and Dame Rosemary Squire, and home to Trafalgar Theatre, Trafalgar Theatre Productions, Trafalgar Releasing, Stagecoach Performing Arts, London Theatre Direct, Helen O’Grady Drama Academy, Jonathan Church Theatre Productions, Theatre Royal Sydney and HQ Theatres.
Direct Report: Duty Managers and General Manager
Job Purpose: to ensure The Chiswick cinema is run to a high standard, ensure our customer service is delivered and meets the high expectations of Trafalgar Entertainment. Provide coaching and training for the Customer service team. Be the first point of contact for customer escalations.
As required assume duty manager responsibilities including key holding duties as required.
Ensure you are present on shift on the front-line providing assistance and leading and coaching the team
- Support the management team in hitting our business strategy targets.
- Undertake management opening and closing duties as required.
- Create and drive your own development opportunities.
- Be the link between the management and Customer service team.
- Opening and closing the building and being duty Manager when required.
- Mitigating incidents by ensuring the health and safety measures are implemented
- Maintaining the highest operational standards.
- Understand and support back of house operations to deliver business objectives.
- Ensure all business compliance is met.
- Ensure there is a customer focused environment within the customer service team. Coach lead and develop the team with this in mind.
- Monitor all customer feedback and communicate it to the management team.
- Create awareness of film product, food and beverage offerings within the cinema.
- Lead the team to ensure the customer service across all areas of Chiswick are to the highest standard.
- Support managers with the recruitment process and lead the induction of new staff.
- Effective organisation of resources to drive and deliver the highest operational standards for the cinema.
- Assist the managers in delivering Team meetings
- Maximising all revenue opportunities through effective management i.e., food and beverage, memberships
- Managing risk by ensuring damages wastages are processed correctly and helping with stock counts and the correct way of storing stock is adhered to on a first in, first out, basis.
Along with these duties you might be asked to carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by your line manager.
- Able to work at key business times (evenings and weekends)
- Customer experience in the leisure or hospitality industry
- Cash handling experience
- IT literate
- Self- motivated and able to work under pressure
- Proactiveness and initiative
- Great time management and organisational skills
- Adaptable and flexible to changing circumstances
- The enthusiasm to help drive Chiswick forward in its first 18 months of business.
- The ability to work 40 hours – 5 days over seven days a week OR 20 hours a week including weekends.
If this sounds like you – we’d love to hear from you. Please send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Chiswick Cinema is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
The closing date for this position is 26/02/2023 at 23:59