Salary: Dependent on experience
MUBI is a rapidly growing global streaming video-on-demand company and social network based in the heart of Soho, London. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team in London. Working closely with our content and marketing teams, you would be central to bringing the best curation experience to our subscribers all around the globe.
- Timely reception of source subtitles from our partners and the inventory-keeping of such material
- Ensure the quality of the subtitle is at the highest level to provide the best version possible to our members but also our localisation team
- Acquiring, retiming and converting of subtitles and closed captions from a number of formats (.srt, .itt, .xml, .txt)
- Creation from scratch of subtitles using the program Subtitle Edit, adhering to industry-standard formatting conventions
- Thorough quality control throughout the process chain
Our ideal candidate:
You have solid experience with handling all sorts of subtitle formats, understand the difference between a .srt and a .scc, and have done extensive subtitle creation in either a professional or personal capacity. You can rattle off a long list of software tools that you think might be useful to continuously improve your own workflow and you stay on top of market innovations. Above all else, you are a quick and autodidact learner and can adapt to any technical challenge thrown at you.
Ideally you would also be:
- A team player with a can-do attitude
- Impeccable in your attention to detail
- Ability to work independently towards deadlines, reporting results on a regular basis
- Organised, punctual and patient
- Fluency in English and another language desirable
This position is located at our office in London but there is also the option to work remotely. Salary is dependent on experience.
If working on a wide range of interesting, impactful projects with a world class team excites you, then we want to hear from you!
Apply with a cover letter and your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this position is 01/08/2019 at 23:59