Salary: £28,000 to £32,000 per annum
MUBI is seeking a new Subtitle Manager.
MUBI is a global streaming platform and distributor reaching a community of 10 million film lovers around the globe and rapidly growing. MUBI shows a curated selection of independent, international and classic films. Every film is individually selected and presented by its film experts; every film is one MUBI truly believe in.
Central to MUBI’s global reach is its subtitling effort, which sees them fully localised in eight languages and counting. They are now seeking a highly-motivated individual to work in their subtitling team as Subtitle Manager, reporting to their Subtitle Director, working on all manner of subtitles and captions so their films reach as many of their users as possible.
- Timely reception and storage of source subtitles from rights holders.
- Acquiring, retiming and converting of subtitles and closed captions in a number of formats (.srt, .itt, .xml, .txt, .scc) to ensure perfect English language use and formatting conventions are adhered to.
- Creation from scratch of subtitles and captions using programs such as Subtitle Edit and EZTitles, following company style guides.
- Development of company standards and documentation regarding subtitling.
- Researching new technologies and tools that could improve our workflows.
- Thorough quality control throughout the process chain to ensure all subtitles are maintained to an industry-standard.
The ideal candidate
You have an excellent command of the English language and have demonstrable experience utilising a number of advanced tools (such as Wincaps, EZTitles, Subtitle Edit) working with subtitles and captions in a number of contexts – VOD, theatrical, broadcast, personal use etc. You have an empathy of ear and sensitivity to the unique requirements of a particular subtitle and how it translates the audio content of a film. You have experience aligning work activities to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining a keen attention to detail. Creative problem solving and lateral thinking have been well-embedded into your workflows for a long time and you don’t shy away from difficult solutions to seemingly-impossible technical problems.
Ideally, you would also be:
- A proactive team player with a can-do attitude.
- A quick and autodidact learner and can adapt to any technical challenge thrown at you.
- Able to work independently towards deadlines, reporting results on a regular basis.
- Organised, punctual and patient.
- Fluent or proficient in another language.
This position is located at MUBI’s office in London but there is also the option to work remotely. This is a full-time position, permanent contract.
If working on a wide range of interesting, impactful projects with a world class team excites you, then MUBI wants to hear from you!
Send your cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this position is 18/04/2022 at 23:59