Social Media Coordinator
Remote (occasional travel to London)
Curated streaming service Klassiki are looking for a Social Media Coordinator.
Remote and flexible working with occasional travel to London. Fixed-term contract for 3 months with possibility of extension.
If you love discovering, watching and discussing great cinema endlessly, both in-person and on social media, we would love to hear from you.
Launched in February 2021, Klassiki is a curated streaming service, offering the best of cinema from Eastern Europe, Ukraine, the Caucasus and Central Asia. Currently present in the UK and USA, our film library hosts a rich and diverse collection of silent masterpieces, classic comedies and dramas from the 1960s and 1970s, avant-garde & hidden gems from auteurs, and critically-acclaimed new releases from the region. Our current and potential audience include cinephiles (experience seekers), who are keen to immerse themselves in the rich and poetic traditions of Central and Eastern European cinema, as well as members of the diaspora, who want to stay connected with the art and culture of their home countries.
We’re a small team based in the UK, comprising of individuals who are passionate about spotlighting new and emerging voices as well as showcasing hidden and underappreciated gems from the region that deserve to be watched, shared and celebrated with a wider audience.
For this role, we are looking for someone who:
- Has some experience (paid or unpaid) of managing social media for film festivals, cultural venues or for their own marketing channels as a blogger or influencer.
- Shares our love and enthusiasm for great cinema, and can translate it into planning, creating and sharing compelling content to grow the brand organically, and drive audience engagement through social media and marketing communication.
- Understands who our current and potential audiences are, and can create interesting posts and tweets using the assets from the unique films that we stream.
- Is interested in researching interesting facts about lesser-known/undiscovered films and filmmakers and finding original and engaging ways to communicate it with our followers.
- Can identify key influencers, potential partners and collaborators and suggest ideas on forming productive alliances to expand our subscriber base in the UK and US.
- Can attend live events and cover it on social media in real time.
One of the greatest perks of being part of the Klassiki team is you get a free Klassiki membership, which allows you unlimited access to our film library, and complimentary tickets to all our in-venue screenings and live events. Since we’re a very small team, the individual we are seeking must be self-motivated, pro-active, and be able to priorities their own time.
How to apply
If your application is successful, we will let you know by email and invite you for an informal interview. If you haven’t heard back from us within one week of the deadline, your application has not met the criteria and we’re unable to consider you for this role. Due to lack of resources, we’re unable to offer one-on-one feedback to applicants at this time.
If you have any questions or want to discuss the role before applying, please email Justine Waddell on firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this position is 01/03/2023 at 23:59