Senior Events Manager
Salary: £36,000-£38,000 depending on experience
Picturehouse Cinemas is looking for a Senior Events Manager to join their team at Picturehouse Central in Piccadilly Circus, London.
About the role
Picturehouse Central is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and engaging team leader to join the events team at Picturehouse Central. With previous experience in large-scale, complex events you will be joining a fast-paced engaging environment, leading on a varied program of events from premiers and festivals, to private screenings and receptions.
Picturehouse Central is a 1000 seat, 7-screen cinema in the heart of London’s West End complete with a café, restaurant, bar, and exclusive members’ only bar and terrace overlooking the neon lights of Shaftesbury Avenue’s theatres.
There is a requirement to work 40 hours per week over any of the seven days with regular work at evenings and weekends to ensure your present at peak business times.
In return, we offer:
- Unlimited Free Cinema Tickets to Picturehouse and Cineworld Cinemas
- Free Guest Tickets
- Free Hot and Draught Soft Drinks
- Food & Drinks Discounts
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Paid Breaks
- Increased Pension Contributions
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Career Development Opportunities
- Company Sick Pay
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 24/7 access to virtual GPs and more.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responding to all incoming inquiries for events and private hires in a timely manner with a view to securing the business and maximising profitability.
- Responsible for all proactive and reactive sales and client management.
- Responsible for workload and roster management of team members.
- Financial commentary and reporting to Head of Events.
- Leading on business development and target management, including client relations and product development.
- Recording all incoming enquiries, confirmed or otherwise.
- Upselling all events to ensure best revenue turnover and bottom line.
- Ensuring weekly meetings and email communication between teams is upheld to the highest standard.
- Leading by example to the Events Manager and Events Operations Manager of best practice within the team, keeping all event files, finances, invoicing and stock up to date and in line with event procedures.
- Creating and leading by example on a positive, creative and functional events team, hosting open and effective communication within the building between all teams on site.
- Being the main point of contact for the events team and the Picturehouse Head Office.
- Take responsibility for the day-to-day management, performance and development of the Events Team.
- Leading on new event initiatives for both sales and client retention throughout the year.
- Creating contracts for all confirmed events; raising invoices and ensuring payment is received prior to the event taking place if necessary.
- Ensuring all files are up to date and in order for the overall Central Event team.
- Working closely with F&B and the PHC kitchen to lead on new menu development year on year.
- Working with the client to develop event plans, working creatively to deliver unique event experiences within budgets and timelines.
- Working directly with each client to ensure event planning is effective and efficient and creating function sheets that can be distributed to all departments ahead of each event.
- Communicating effectively with all departments and Head Office to ensure the site and the company is prepared for each event.
- Creating contracts for all confirmed events; raising invoices and ensuring payment is received prior to the event taking place.
- Managing the effective delivery of all events – this includes working with other team members to set-up beforehand and ensuring each event is managed to deliver to clients’ expectations.
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and is therefore subject to amendment.
How to apply
To apply please visit our recruitment portal and complete an application, uploading a CV and cover letter.
The closing date for this position is 05/01/2024 at 17:00