Publishing Assistant Internship (Students/Recent Graduates Only)
Salary: €28.35 per day with 50% travel reimbursed + restaurant tickets.
Festival Scope is looking for a new Publishing Assistant intern to assist with the day to day runnings of their dynamic online film platform.
Festival Scope first began in 2010 with the platform Festival Scope Pro, which provides festivals on demand to professionals only. Films from over 100 of the most prestigious international festivals are presented in order to help their programming and distribution. The intern will gain experience working closely with the founders of Festival Scope and the whole team composed of international young dynamic professionals, all passionate about cinema and innovative technology.
The internship will involve updating the database of Festival Scope Pro, researching films, gathering their materials, helping to prepare our industry weekly newsletter, preparing social media posts and general support to the team.
- Gain insight into the international launch of a film: from its presentation to a festival to its distribution with or without a sales agent, its exposure in the trades and its promotion within the industry.
- Understand more about the global film festival circuit as well as film’s rights holder strategies.
- Strengthen skills in project management and time management.
- Enhance soft skills: interpersonal and problem-solving.
- Fluent in English and must feel comfortable writing in English under tight deadlines
- Fluent in French or Spanish would be a plus
- Aware of the current festival circuit and informed of recent arthouse releases
- Previous experience managing social media accounts Knowledge in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, HTML may be a plus!
The internship will begin in ideally August/September. The intern must be eligible for an Internship Agreement with their university (Convention de Stage) and available for 6 months working in our office in Paris, France.
This internship will take place over 35 hours per week.
How to apply
Please note, you must be currently studying at university, or have recently graduated to apply for this internship.
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by Monday 7 August.
The closing date for this position is 07/08/2023 at 23:59