Publishing Assistant Internship
Salary: €600.00 per month
Festival Scope is looking for a new Publishing Assistant intern to assist with the day to day runnings of their dynamic online film platform.
Festival Scope first began in 2010 with the platform Festival Scope Pro, which provides festivals on demand to professionals only. Films from 120 of the most prestigious international festivals are presented in order to help their programming and distribution. This has fortunately allowed them to become one of the go-to hubs of the industry. Since then, they decided to bring similar curated art-house content to a larger public. In 2016, they introduced Festival Scope, a platform that programs films from international festivals for film lovers worldwide. It also co-organises with ARTE the ArteKino Festival, a pan-European film festival available online.
The intern will learn the mechanisms of the international launch of a film, from its presentation to a festival to its distribution with or without a sales agent, its exposure in the trades and its promotion within the industry. She/he will also gain experience working closely with the founders of Festival Scope and the whole team composed of international young dynamic professionals, all passionate about cinema and the internet.
- Updating the database of Festival Scope, Festival Scope Pro and ArteKino Festival
- Researching films from the main press outlets
- Copywriting (newsletter, press releases…)
- Preparing social media posts
- Additional tasks are undertaken depending on the intern’s interests
- Fluent in English and must feel comfortable writing in English under tight deadlines
- Fluent in French or Spanish would be a plus
- Aware of the current festival circuit and informed of recent arthouse releases
- Previous experience managing social media accounts
- Knowledge in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, HTML may be a plus!
Must be eligible for an Internship Agreement (Convention de Stage).
This internship will begin in June 2020.
To apply, send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the organisation, click here.
The closing date for this position is 20/01/2020 at 23:59