Projectionist / AV Technician
Watershed are looking for a brilliant Projectionist / AV Technician to provide high standards of technical delivery to meet the audio and visual needs of Watershed activities, principally in the cinemas and Waterside spaces
Purpose of job
To provide high standards of technical delivery to meet the audio/visual needs of Watershed activities principally in the cinemas and Waterside spaces.
- Projection of Watershed’s film programme, including DCP’s, 35mm ,16mm, multimedia file formats
- Set up operate mixing desks, microphones and PA for Watershed’s live events and conferencing programme
- Operation of recording equipment, including fixed video cameras and audio recorders for Watershed’s online presence and private events bookings
- Administration and management of incoming and outgoing film media
- Maintain a high level of equipment care and report any problems with any equipment to line manager as soon as possible
- Mastering DCP’s with use of DCP conversion software
- Display excellence in customer service at all times, ensuring the best sound and image quality
- Communicate effectively and professionally with external clients and internal personnel to ensure that high standards are always achieved
- Adopt safe working practices at all times conforming to all relevant Health and Safety legislation. Assist with the safe evacuation of audiences in the event of an emergency
- Working autonomously at times, manage workload and issues unsupervised, ensuring decision making is in the best interests of the organisation
- Keep the projection room and other work areas clean and tidy at all times
Key performance indicators
- Operating equipment effectively and maintaining an excellent standard of projection quality (Digital DCP/35mm)
- Good practice in operating projection equipment and PA systems in all Watershed spaces
- Effectively operating recording devices for online publishing, streaming, archiving
- Efficient and accurate processing of incoming and outgoing film media
- Demonstrating good practice and high-quality control standards in DCP creation from incoming source material to on-screen projection
- Maintaining a clean and tidy working environment at all times
- High level of customer care
- Issues are identified and dealt with efficiently and in the best interests of the business
- Co-operates and communicates effectively within own team, with other departments in the organisation and external clients
- Careful handling of all Audio/Visual equipment, reporting any issues that may arise
- Health and safety and safe working practices adhered to at all times
- Experience of operating mixing desks, data projectors, and microphones.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills at all times
- Good communications skills, both verbal and written
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Methodical approach to problem solving.
- Technical disposition and basic level of IT literacy.
- Previous experience of working in a technical environment.
- Flexible, reliable and positive approach to work and a willingness to learning new skills to meet the needs of the organisation.
- Demonstrable experience of operating 35mm projection.
- Multiple screen and digital projection experience.
We will be conducting short interviews with all applicants who meet the essential criteria. A shortlist will then be invited to a longer second interview.
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://wshd.to/projectionist
First round interview / presentation (if relevant):
Second round interview:
The closing date for this position is 22/09/2022 at 17:00