Salary: £9.27 per hour before training / £10.21 per hour following training
Chapter in Cardiff is seeking a part-time projectionist to join its technical team.
The purpose of the role is to ensure the smooth technical presentation of the film and hires programme in digital, 35mm or other formats as necessary in its two auditoria.
Duties and responsibilities
- To undertake regular shifts and duties (often working independently) related to projection and presenting a professional programme in line with Chapter’s vision and values
- To undertake appropriate levels of preparation for film screenings including the testing and preparation of screening materials, satellite tuning, digital downloads and DCP mastering
- To assist with Chapter’s hires and events, involving the use of microphones, laptop presentations and other projected materials
- To liaise with hirers in conjunction with the Cinema Programme Manager and the Head of Visitor Services on the technical and presentation aspects of the hire
- To ensure prompt delivery and return of films and screening material, as well as preparing them for transportation and updating the relevant documentation
- To undertake the necessary administrative duties associated with working within the cinema, including responding to correspondence, general planning and the updating of promotional materials
- To undertake appropriate training when necessary
- To undertake any other duties as reasonably required by the Head Projectionist or Director of Programme
- To ensure Chapter’s audience experience is delivered to the highest standards within the Cinema auditoria, in liaison with Front of House.
For full details including how to apply, click here.
The closing date for this position is 19/01/2020 at 23:59