Projection & AV Technician
The University of Warwick
Salary: £25,138 - £28,759
Warwick Arts Centre is seeking a motivated and technically skilled individual to join their team as a Projection & AV Technician.
About the role
As part of our vibrant and diverse arts community, you’ll play a pivotal role in ensuring the seamless execution of live performances, screenings, and events across all areas of the Arts Centre, one of the biggest arts centres outside of London.
In this role, you’ll specialize in live cinema projection, digital technologies, audiovisual, and simple sound operations, all within the context of the performing arts. Your primary responsibility will be to uphold the highest standards of technical presentation for all events while maintaining a keen awareness of health and safety regulations.
Joining the projection & AV team, you’ll play a pivotal role in bringing events to life. From behind the scenes, you’ll be responsible for the seamless installation, operation, and maintenance of projection, audiovisual, and sound equipment for a wide range of events. Primarily based in our three new state-of-the-art cinemas, your expertise will shine as you manage digital projections and 35mm film screenings while overseeing the staging of diverse productions.
Collaboration is key in this role, as you’ll work closely with colleagues from various technical disciplines, including electrics, sound, and scenic workshops. Your versatility will be put to the test as you occasionally step into senior technical roles to provide independent support.
You’ll also be responsible for the maintenance and inspection of technical equipment and installations, ensuring full compliance with legislation. In addition to the technical aspects of the role, you’ll assist in the preparation of production facilities and services to meet event requirements. Your commitment to promoting best practices and staying updated on technological advancements will keep us at the forefront of event production.
But that’s not all—your role extends beyond the technical. You’ll be an ambassador for Warwick Arts Centre, delivering exceptional customer experiences and leading by example, adhering to University policies and procedures at all times.
Flexibility is key in the event industry, and you’ll need to be prepared to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends. Please note a 5% availability allowance is added on top of your salary.
Due to the nature of the work overtime may be available for those interested.
- Minimum GCSE grade A-C in English and Maths.
- Previous experience in delivering Projection services, Sound, and AV technologies in live theatre or cinema.
- Experience in at least one of the following: lighting rigging and operation, technical stage management, sound rigging and operation, or theatre carpentry.
- Supervisory experience with casuals, freelancers, visiting technical staff, and external contractors.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Flexibility, creativity, and artistic sensitivity.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Proficiency in Mac and Windows operating systems.
- Relevant industry or electrical qualifications (desirable).
- Vocational CPD training (e.g., ABTT awards, PLASA rigging, IPAF, MEWP training – desirable).
- Competence in CAD packages (desirable).
- Full clean driving license (desirable).
Please apply via our website.
The closing date for this position is 05/01/2024 at 23:59