Production Manager - Film on Film Festival
British Film Institute
Salary: £37,374 - £44,163 pro rata per annum
The BFI has an exciting new opportunity for a Production Manager to deliver the inaugural Film on Film Festival, working closely with the Head Curator (Festival Programme Director) and the Festivals Producer.
- Fixed Term Contract: until 31 July 2023
- Part Time: 3 days per week
About the festival
BFI Film on Film Festival is a brand new film festival to take place at BFI Southbank, 8 to 11 June 2023 and the first film festival in the UK wholly dedicated to screen works solely on film, spanning film formats including 16mm, 35mm and 70mm as well as rare nitrate.
- Manage and oversee planning and logistical delivery of the BFI’s Film on Film Festival programme, team deployment and operations and high-level talent logistics and security requirements.
- Set task briefs with key deliverables, tracking, monitoring and reporting progress, evaluation, risk and spend through agreed lines for overall governance, auditing and assurance levels.
- Appoint and manage a temporary coordination team responsible for logistical planning and delivery to an exemplary standard.
- Work with and ensure interconnection between BFI teams to keep delivery on track and maintain a high quality of outcomes.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role within a film festival environment or related cultural organisation.
- Demonstrable experience in event-production and/or project management, with the ability to manage resources ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Proven negotiation skills and the ability to deal with a broad range of individuals and organisations.
- A track record in successful budget management
For further details and to apply, visit the BFI website.
First interviews will be held on Friday 04 November 2022.
The closing date for this position is 24/10/2022 at 00:00