Salary: £450 - £650 p/w depending on experience (freelance role)
FilmBath is looking for a producer to oversee and manage the efficient and effective running and development of FilmBath LTD. They are looking for someone to take over the role year-round and help to shape the future of the organisation.
- Start date: latest start date 5 September 2022
- Fee: – £450 – £650 p/w depending on experience (freelance role)
- Reporting to: Board of Trustees
- Location: Great office in central Bath (4 Chapel Row, Bath BA1 1HN), much of the work can be conducted from home but it is essential to be in Bath in the lead up to and during the festival in November.
- Contract: Min 3 months with a view to extend
FilmBath comprises: the festival, currently in its 33rd consecutive year, screening around 45 features and 35 shorts over 10 days in November; the IMDb Awards, one for screenwriters, one for filmmakers; FilmClub screenings and the F-Rating, a year round campaign promoting women on screen and behind the camera.
The successful candidate will be highly adept at proactive fundraising and sponsorship, with a keen passion for film and a desire to champion diversity on screen and behind the camera to as widely inclusive an audience as possible. You will be as efficient and effective at running awards evenings and pop-up events as you are administrating annual budgets and funding bids. Reporting directly to the Board of Trustees, you will manage a team of festival interns and volunteers and forge excellent working relations with key patrons, film distributors and sponsors.
Broadly the role includes:
- Implementing the projects and changes necessary to achieve the aims and visions of the FilmBath charity as agreed with the Trustees.
- Overseeing the charity administration and financial management.
- Overseeing fundraising, sponsorship, advertising, marketing and staffing including managing the volunteers.
- Managing partnerships, sponsorship and fundraising
- Financial management, box office management and book keeping
- Marketing and PR (traditional and digital)
- Recruitment and mentoring/managing volunteers
- Event management
We are looking for someone who is:
- A creative problem solver; resourceful, ambitious and proactive
- Experienced in raising money through sponsorship and fundraising
- A highly collaborative person who can work with the Chair, alongside the Creative Director and with a large team of volunteers
- Comfortable with spreadsheets, numbers and data
- A quick leaner
- Comfortable on social media and in the digital sphere
- High energy
- Excellent written English
- Good presentation skills
- Sponsorship and/or fundraising experience
Highly beneficial skills
- A love of film
- Marketing experience
- Understanding of cinema audiences / audience outreach & development
- Events management experience
- Mentoring/coaching skills
Internal stakeholders include reporting to the Board of Trustees, working closely alongside FilmBath’s Creative Director and programming team, as well as the festival’s technical manager and team of volunteers. You will maintain strong relationships with sponsors, venues, key patrons and film distributors.
How to Apply
The closing date for this position is 22/07/2022 at 23:00