Policy Analyst (Corporate)
British Film Institute
Salary: £37,374 to £44,163
The BFI is seeking a Policy Analyst to support their continuing relationship with the UK Government in its role as an Arms Length Body (ALB) accountable to the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport.
- To support colleagues with the preparation of policy information relevant to the BFI’s role as an ALB of Government including in the following functions:
– Distributor of National Lottery and grant-in-aid funding
– UK lead body for film and the moving image
– Custodian of the National Film & Television Archive
- To lead on formal submissions to UK Government as well as Parliamentary committees pertaining to these functions
Experience and skills
- Working experience of UK government and public policy
- Working experience of the UK’s creative and cultural sectors
- An understanding of current public policy objectives and their relevance to the creative & cultural sectors
- An understanding of the constitutional relationship between UK Government and its ALBs, and the requirements made of these organisations in terms of accountability
- An understanding of building business cases in line with the HM Treasury Green Book
About the BFI
We support diversity and inclusion, and as an organisation recognise that we need to address under representation within our teams. As such we strongly welcome and encourage applicants from our under-represented groups; who identify as D/deaf and disabled and/or are ethnically diverse.
We guarantee a first interview to our under-represented groups who meet our minimum requirements. How we are doing, including our pay gaps can be found on our website.
We operate a hybrid working model at the BFI. Exact working arrangements for this role are to be agreed with the hiring manager.
You will enjoy benefits such as our pension scheme, excellent support for working parents, 28-33 days annual leave, tickets to BFI festivals and events plus many others.
Further details about the post can be found on our website.
First interviews will be held on Thursday 3 February 2022.
The closing date for this position is 18/01/2022 at 23:59