Oska Bright Producer
Salary: £21,000 (4 days a week)
Carousel is looking for a Producer to join the Oska Bright team.
Carousel champions the rights of artists with a learning disability to flourish and be celebrated. In film, music, performance and digital arts, in our partnerships and training, Carousel is dedicated to making learning disabled creativity a valued part of the cultural landscape.
Oska Bright Film Festival is the world’s leading festival for films made by or featuring people with learning disabilities or autism, and is a project of Carousel. The next festival takes place in March 2022 in Brighton.
With less than 5% of disabled people working in the UK film industry, Oska Bright Film Festival is driven to make change happen. Working internationally with industry partners and funded by the BFI, its team produces the BAFTA and BIFA qualifying Oska Bright Film Festival, promotes accessible screenings, runs training for venues and develops skills for aspiring filmmakers. Oska Bright Film Festival puts people with learning disabilities or autism where they should be, on the big screen.
- Knowledge of the film exhibition sector
- A strong understanding of British and International cinema
- Experience of subtitling, editing and putting together screenings
- Confident use of Excel and MS office, Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and InDesign
- Experience of using accessible communication
- Experience of working in the learning disability sector
- Experience of contributing to fundraising applications
- Experience of the Film Festival circuit
- Experience of managing and delivering high profile events
- Excellent communication skills across a range of platforms
- Evidence of creative approaches to events and cinema exhibition
- Ability to work as a team
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and the ability to work to set deadlines
- A pro-active problem solver
- Strong project management skills
- A keen eye for design
- A passion for ensuring access to film for all and a commitment to equality and diversity
- Ability to prioritise and manage a diverse workload
To find out more and apply, please head to our website: https://carousel.org.uk/opportunities
The closing date for this position is 21/01/2022 at 17:00