Operations & Finance Coordinator
MediCinema is looking for someone to join their small team in the role of Operations & Finance Coordinator.
MediCinema is a national, registered UK charity that improves the wellbeing and quality of life of NHS patients, their families and carers through the power of the shared cinema experience and the magic of film. We achieve this by building and running cinemas in hospitals and places of care equipped with space for beds, wheelchairs and medical equipment, and providing free films (and activities) at bedsides for patients of all ages. Our services help to improve emotional, mental and physical health, reducing isolation, anxiety and stress, and increasing people’s ability to cope.
We have an ambitious growth plan in place for the charity and are now looking for a strong candidate to join our small team in the role of Operations & Finance Coordinator, reporting to the Operations Manager. This is a new position, and the post-holder will play a vital role in ensuring the smooth-running of the charity’s impact and service delivery.
- Responsible for requesting and confirming all our film bookings with distributor partners.
- Be first point of contact to assist with any drive or KDM delivery issues.
- Liaise with our Technical Support Team as and when required about technical issues.
- Research upcoming films and create and distribute marketing materials to cinema managers
- Provide additional support for Serennu Children’s Centre, such as drive collection and posters
- Create weekly posters for our bedside screening service(s)
Impact and Evaluation
- Ensure the prompt and accurate collection and analysis of operational and KPI data from all sites, updating and maintaining shared documents where necessary
- Accurately log any viewing data received for our bedside screening service(s)
- Support the Operations Manager and cinema sites with the collection, organising and analysis of service delivery questionnaires, case studies and other impact measurement initiatives.
- Assist with the development and expansion of our Impact Measurement strategies going forward.
Event / Screening Assistance
- Support the planning and management of special screenings and events, including help with consent form collection
- Support with post-event tasks, such as accurate organisation of photography/media, logging relevant patient, volunteer and/or nurse feedback and patient follow-up emails
- Operate projection equipment and run screenings (training will be provided), in case of emergencies, holiday cover, special events and supporter/fundraiser visits
Disney Partnership Support
- Support the co-ordination and management of any Moments That Matter special events and projects in collaboration with Disney
- Assist the Operations Manager with the collection and collation of feedback for MTM activities
- Checking, processing and preparing payment of nurses’ invoices
- Checking and processing all other supplier invoices
- Preparation of monthly gift aid returns
- Support Finance Manager with income recording and analysis
- Preparation of monthly credit card and other expenditure analysis
- Banking of cheques/cash
- Inputting of data into accounting system (currently Quickbooks)
Administration and other duties
- Ensure patient data, and any other relevant data, is captured accurately on Salesforce/CRM system
- Communicate effectively with all team members and provide relevant and required information in a timely fashion
- Undertake other duties as reasonably required by the Operations Manager and/or COO
MediCinema is a small team and staff members are expected to support each other and share cross-organisational work in addition to fulfilling individual responsibilities.
MediCinema is seeking a highly organised, enthusiastic individual who can demonstrate the following skills and qualities:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a professional manner and the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of colleagues
- Excellent organisation and administration skills including a meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise efficiently, working within time constraints and judging organisational priorities
- Excellent IT skills (including Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
- A pro-active ‘can-do’ approach and the ability to work effectively in a small team
- The ability to carry out duties with good humour and tact, maintaining confidentiality where appropriate
- The ability to use initiative and contribute new ideas
- A commitment to and affinity with MediCinema’s core mission
To apply please send your CV and a supporting statement (no more than 1 side of A4) outlining your interest in and suitability for the role, via our Charity Jobs advert: Operations & Finance Coordinator | MediCinema | | CharityJob.co.uk
Interviews will be held in: London Bridge
The closing date for this position is 22/11/2021 at 17:00