Online Audience Development Manager
WOW Wales One World Film Festival
Salary: £4,000 fee
WOW Wales One World Film Festival is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year by running its first online festival and is looking to employ a new Online Audience Development Manager to grow its UK-wide online audience.
The successful candidate will:
- Put into place a ‘sell-through’ marketing strategy working with partner cinemas in Wales & across the UK
- Develop a clear understanding of the target audience for the festival & for each film
- Oversee the refreshing of our website to make it more suitable for mobile and tablets
- Ensure the creation of a suite of branded marketing assets for use with WOW’s content and to share with our partner cinemas (e.g social media friendly trailers, idents and videos that promote the festival and drive audiences to our website)
- Develop a marketing pack that provides clear brand guidance on how assets can be integrated into partner communications
- Run a social media campaign that is boosted and targeted via Google & Facebook to reach film audiences across wider geographical areas
- Mail regular festival e-newsletters with news, stories and incentives for our current audience to introduce friends, forward etc.
- Run co-promotions in partnership with a range of organisations who share our values e.g. film festivals, cultural organisations, green groups, student bodies, academic departments, NGOs, charities, women’s groups
- Run a fresh PR campaign seeking coverage through BBC, ITV Wales, S4C selling the sense of place of Aberystwyth, rural, diverse, multi-lingual and globally connected
- Put in place robust data capture to allow thorough evaluation of the campaign
We are looking for an experienced events marketer, who can bring a full suite of marketing and audience development skills to this exciting freelance role that will be key to taking the festival online.
The successful candidate will have:
- Passion for independent and world cinema
- Interest in global issues
- Connections with and understanding of the festival’s target communities e.g. film fans, women’s groups, environmental activists, human rights organisations etc.
- Experience of engaging journalists in print, online and in television and radio to maximise the profile of events
- Experience of successfully reaching audiences for independent cinema, online or offline
- Proven experience of devising, delivering and evaluating digital marketing campaigns
- Experience of delivering bilingual marketing campaigns
- Able to plan, prioritise and manage workload to tight timescales
- Experience of working with a range of partners, including venues to deliver events
- Experience of promoting and delivering online events
- Experience of managing and commissioning websites
- Experience of working with filmmakers to commission trailers, idents
- Creative digital skills for image and video editing
- Able to track, collate and summarise audience data
- Adobe Photoshop, InDesign & Premiere or equivalent
- Website content management systems
- Able to write, edit, proof read and amend exciting, engaging marketing copy
- Use of Google analytics and other systems to evaluate campaigns and analyse audience data
- Welsh language skills are desirable
We are committed to equality of opportunity and encourage women and people from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for the role. We would also consider joint applications from freelancers who wish to share the role.
About WOW Wales One World Film Festival
Consistently innovative, WOW makes a unique contribution to Welsh cultural life. WOW is:
- The longest running film festival in Welsh cinema history ever
- Tours top quality films to the whole of Wales & the UK
- The first festival in Wales to be awarded the BFI’s Diversity Standard Kitemark
- The pioneering Women’s Film Club for BAME women
- The only festival in the UK dedicated to world cinema with a GLOCAL (Global/Local) perspective from Wales’ rural heartland
- Five part-time freelance jobs, four internships, 300 jobs supported across the cultural sector
- “The best thing about living in Aberystwyth” – customer feedback
To apply: Please send your CV and a covering letter saying why you would like to work with us to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The £4,000 fee is based on 200 hours @ £20 per hour.
The closing date for this position is 04/02/2021 at 12:00