MUBI is a rapidly growing global streaming service curating the world’s best cinema. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team in London to assist our programming team. Working closely with our content and marketing teams, you would be central to bringing the best curation experience to our members around the globe.
Our Programming Assistant will be responsible for:
- Creating, updating, and reviewing metadata (synopsis, trailers, stills, cast/crew, festivals/awards)
- Composing writing to introduce and contextualise programming for subscribers in multiple territories
- Coordinating our content offering across partner platforms
- Liaising with external partners and the marketing team to collect assets and give updates on our film programme
- Preparing reports from our analytics system
- Assessing submitted films for programming suitability
- Creating programming presentations with various softwares
- Coordinating the internal scheduling workflow
The ideal candidate
The Programming Assistant must have a good understanding of the SVOD landscape with at least two years’ film industry experience. Strong knowledge about film history and its various movements is necessary, as is fluency in writing about cinema for the public. Good communication skills are essential in order to share all required assets, work with an internationally diverse team, coordinate content-related partnerships, and contextualise programming efforts. An attitude that combines a data-driven approach with thinking creatively outside the box is encouraged.
The Programming Assistant will be expected to express their opinions, question assumptions, and contribute to the team’s regular brainstorm regarding the platform’s curation.
You will also:
- Be passionate about cinema
- Have impeccable attention to detail
- Be a team player with a can-do attitude
- Have the ability to work independently toward deadlines, reporting results on a regular basis
- Be organised, punctual, and patient
This position is located at our head office in London. If working on a wide range of interesting, impactful projects with a team of passionate cinephiles excites you, then we want to hear from you!
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV to: email@example.com.
The closing date for this position is 23/12/2020 at 23:59