Membership and Events Coordinator
The Living Room Cinema
Salary: £25,000 full-time equivalent (+ sales-based commission)
The Living Room Cinema Chipping Norton is looking for a Membership and Events Coordinator to join their team on a full-time basis.
About The Living Room Cinema
The Living Room Cinema Chipping Norton is a brand-new independent cinema which opened in July 2023. A welcoming home from home at the heart of the community, we are local cinema like you’ve never experienced before. We care about our surroundings, our environment, our experience and our people, but most of all we care about our guests.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly personable local marketeer to join our growing team. You will be active within the local community growing our membership base, forming key relationships with our Founder Members and other local partners, and representing the cinema at local events. You will also be responsible for securing and the successful delivery of in-cinema events, whether that is a private party or a business conference.
The successful candidate will need to be able to work independently, plan effectively, set their own deadlines and prioritise their own workload. They will need to embody the company’s brand values and always represent the company in the best possible light. They must radiate enthusiasm and be a welcoming face for everyone who visits the cinema, especially our members.
This role will be based in the cinema, but the successful candidate will also be required to work off-site meeting partners and attending events. As our peak times are at the evenings and weekends, all applicants should be prepared to work some evening and weekend hours as required.
Hours: Part-time, 20 hours per week
- Growing our member base, in particular our Founder Member scheme, and coming up with new initiatives and ideas to do this
- Forming relationships with local partners and businesses to explore exclusive member events and perks, and joint promotional opportunities
- Promoting and actively selling the venue as an events space and assisting the management team in delivery of private events
- Communicating with our fabulous members about upcoming screenings and partner offers, and being their first point of call for all of their needs
- Acquiring sponsors for each of the seats in our two auditoriums
- Maintaining our membership databases and basic housekeeping duties on our back-office systems
- Representing the company at local events
- A long term local with knowledge of the area, population, businesses and local politics. A real passion for integrating the cinema into the heart of the Chipping Norton community
- Experience of being in a customer facing role with a sales and/or target driven background
- Many existing relationships with local businesses and communities, and (desirable) local press
- A creative thinker who likes to take the initiative to come up with interesting concepts
- Naturally personable and an ambassador for the venue
- Efficient and organised with the ability to prioritise and manage your own workload
- Computer literate, in particular Excel and google sheets knowledge
- Flexibility in your working schedule to work evenings and weekends as required
- Not afraid to get “stuck in” with other areas of the business, including customer facing tasks
- Passionate about cinema, films and events
Why work for The Living Room Cinema?
Put simply, we will strive to be the best employer in the area. We want to be known for providing a rewarding and stimulating working environment, showing flexibility and understanding towards our employees.
As well as a competitive salary and a generous employer pension scheme, you can enjoy a range of other perks such as cinema tickets, a generous holiday allowance and other employee benefits, partnership offers and welfare packages.
Most of all though, we strongly believe that you should love what you do. We will make sure that it is always a pleasure to come to work and, like us, you will be proud to work for The Living Room Cinema.
The closing date for this position is 31/08/2023 at 00:00