Marketing & Outreach Coordinator
Birmingham and Coventry
Salary: £16,200 fixed fee
Flatpack is looking for a Marketing & Outreach Coordinator to engage local and regional audiences with the CineCov programme.
Film Hub Midlands is leading a programme of activity as part of UK City of Culture 2021 to help develop the city’s film scene. The programme will reflect Coventry as a diverse and modern city, one that embraces culture, connects communities and changes lives.
The project aims to deliver a unique programme of film working with a range of exhibitors, giving people across Coventry the opportunity to enjoy a rich variety of film screenings and events. We are also looking to ensure that the ingredients are in place for a thriving film scene beyond 2021.
Purpose of role
We are looking for a Marketing & Outreach Coordinator to engage local and regional audiences with the CineCov programme. You will contribute to the creation of a welcoming, accessible brand that audiences, partners and participants feel ownership of which will extend beyond the life of the project, laying foundations for post-2022 film activity in the city.
- Targeted outreach to communities via email, phone calls and in person in order to build relationships with local groups in Coventry
- Recruit and manage a team of CineCov ambassadors
- Create engaging content for social media
- Attend CineCov events, documenting the event for social media
- Upload events to Coventry 2021’s website
- Support CineCov Project Manager with data monitoring and evaluation
- Oversee event documentation, including managing photographers and videographers
Key Skills, Experience and Characteristics
- Experience using social media professionally
- Experience writing copy for different audiences
- Ability to communicate and work well with a wide range of people and communities
- An understanding of and commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Experience working on projects with multiple partners and stakeholders
- Attention to detail/proofreading
Working hours and environment
You will spend some time working from home, hot desking in the City of Culture office in Coventry and occasionally the Flatpack office in Birmingham.
As you will need to attend certain events, there will be evening and weekend work involved but you will be able to take time back for this.
How to apply
Please send a completed application form and equal opportunity monitoring form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on 9 th August 2021. More information about Coventry City of Culture, Film Hub Midlands and Flatpack can be found in the Additional Information document below.
Interviews will be conducted in Birmingham in person where possible. We will ask successful applicants to take a lateral flow test 24 hours before and the interviewers will do the same. If a face to face interview might be difficult for you, please just let us know when sending in your application and we’ll arrange an alternative. The interview will be made up of maximum 6 questions which will be sent out beforehand.
We recognise the value of different perspectives, backgrounds and experiences in our organisation and believe this makes our work and working environment more inclusive and exciting. We guarantee an interview for anyone who fulfils the minimum criteria for this role and is from a background that is underrepresented in the culture sector (for example you are from a community that experiences racism, you had free school meals as a child, are a disabled person or face barriers due to mental health). If you would like this to be a consideration in your application, please indicate this.
The closing date for this position is 09/08/2021 at 09:00