Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 (dependent on experience)
Bohemia Media is looking for a Marketing Manager to join their team.
We are looking for someone to manage the marketing department for Bohemia Media, a film distribution company that focuses on stories from marginalised groups. This includes, but is not limited to, the LGBTQ+ community, disabled people, people from all ethnically diverse backgrounds, female-led groups, GDSR groups etc. In this key role you will plan, manage, and help to execute the marketing campaigns for all our film releases in cinemas and on digital platforms.
As Bohemia expands, the Marketing Manager role will evolve to encompass emulating UK strategies in the US and Australia & New Zealand. This role would suit someone experienced in film marketing who is keen to gain a valuable insight into a unique and rising company within film and TV.
Bohemia Media was launched in early 2020 as a diversity focused distributor for film, TV and performing arts. Media acquires projects from script stage to completion, distributing to the UK primarily but also North America and Australia & New Zealand.
Bohemia Euphoria launched in June 2021 as a platform designed for community building and partnerships with community organisations and film collectives, and streaming of our titles: http://www.bohemiaeuphoria.com. The streaming service will become subscription based from summer 2022.
Bohemia’s flagship is The Apple Tree pub in Clerkenwell, London, a home for diverse and marginalised communities, recently funded by Arts Council England to expand its performance space. In summer 2022, Bohemia Club will open as a Private Members Club for diverse communities.
Tasks will include:
- Managing marketing campaigns for all film releases: developing strategies, liaising with filmmakers, leading on social media campaigns, connecting with partner organisations, managing grassroots marketing strategy, developing creative materials and working with PR and media agencies where necessary.
- Liaise with acquisitions and distribution departments to compose distribution strategies and identify target audiences for titles at the point of acquisition.
- Working with our partners in home entertainment to manage timely delivery of creative materials and feedback key campaign details to assist their release.
- Building and managing marketing department budgets and tracking invoices.
- Building and maintaining positive working relationships with community organisations, charities, and film collectives to deliver promotions that further the reach of campaigns.
- Collaborate with the Head of Distribution on applications for external distribution & marketing funding for specific titles.
- Assist with creation and execution of wider brand strategy goals across the other sectors of Bohemia to maximise all relevant channels.
- Collating and managing delivery of content for Bohemia Euphoria and marketing the overall platform.
- Using online marketing and advertising tools such as Google Analytics, Hootsuite, Mailchimp etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Well organised, with a keen eye for detail.
- Good all-round IT skills – especially Google Sheets and Docs.
- An active knowledge of the UK film industry, the changing media landscape and opportunities within independent film distribution.
- Experience and understanding of developing and delivering marketing campaigns for film releases across multiple channels with a keen-eye to cross-promote through the other arms of Bohemia.
- Knowledge of ad buying options and target audiences to hit on key digital platforms (Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Facebook and Google).
- A willingness to manage both junior members of staff and freelancers or external media and PR agencies working on film campaigns.
- A passion for diversity and an engagement with current events within the marginalised communities Bohemia works within.
- 3-month probation period, followed by review with a view to a permanent full-time position.
Applicants should send a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
The closing date for this position is 15/04/2022 at 23:59