Salary: £30,000 to £32,000 per annum
Are you an experienced film Marketing Manager with a passion for documentary cinema?
Bertha DocHouse is looking for a dedicated, creative Marketing Manager to market the cinema, films, strands and events for Bertha DocHouse. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced film Marketing Manager keen to help a small organisation shape and develop its brand identity and grow its audience.
This is a full-time role with hybrid working from home and days in Bertha DocHouse’s London-based office.
Bertha DocHouse is the UK’s first and only cinema dedicated to documentaries. We’re looking for a documentary enthusiast with knowledge of docs to join the team. Our programming is innovative, eclectic and alongside our screenings, we organise masterclasses, filmmaker Q&A’s, and panel discussions on topical subjects.
We are looking for a motivated, outgoing, pro-active person who enjoys working as part of a small team and is comfortable leading on long-term strategy and seasonal campaigns as well as managing day-to-day marketing activities including the website, print design, social media and outreach.
Marketing Manager role
- You will manage and develop the marketing strategy and promotional campaigns for documentary titles and the organisation
- You will have a passion for documentary and working knowledge in cinema exhibition and distribution
- You will deliver innovative digital and print marketing campaigns
- You will lead on PR activities and outreach opportunities
- You will manage the Marketing budget
- You will support the re-structure of the Bertha DocHouse website
- You will coordinate the workload with your Marketing Assistant
Main duties and responsibilities
- Manage all Bertha DocHouse marketing activity and develop the organisation’s marketing strategy for both the film programme, website and online hub
- Run creative digital campaigns (incl. paid search) and manage social media channels for weekly film releases and Bertha DocHouse
- Develop and deliver weekly outreach for the film programme, including maintaining and expanding database of contacts and press; oversee online community management
- Writing copy for weekly and monthly newsletters promoting films, cinema and online hub
- Maintain and grow the Bertha DocHouse CRM
- Manage the creation, publication and distribution of all print marketing material for Bertha DocHouse and manage POS display at the cinema
- Support the website re-development and lead on improvements for the website as a marketing tool
- Monitor, evaluate and report on audience figures and effectiveness of marketing activity
- Lead on PR activities and develop relationships with press contacts
- Keep up to date with current marketing trends and proactively looking for new ways to promote Bertha DocHouse
- Be part of the event staff to run Q&As or special events at the cinema as required
Essential skills and experience
- Minimum three years of marketing and social media experience with a film festival, cinema or film distribution background.
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for documentary filmmaking
- Proven marketing experience across print, digital marketing, and managing CRM systems
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan, prioritise and manage projects in a timely manner and deal effectively with changing requirements
- Bring motivation to tackle new projects proactively
- Numeracy skills, proven experience working with budgets and audience statistics
- Have a sound understanding of general, strategic marketing principles
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience in website re-design for film or cultural organisations
- Be a team-player comfortable working within a small team and also independently
- Experience in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, PremierePro
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with key partners, communities and stakeholders of an organisation
- Knowledge of public relations and working with journalists
- Video editing skills for social media assets
Candidates will need to have the right to work in the UK. Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Marketing Manager Application’ in the subject line by Thu 21 Oct.
The closing date for this position is 21/10/2021 at 23:59