Salary: £23,000 to £26,000 per annum
Bertha DocHouse is looking for a Marketing Assistant to join its team.
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Position reports to: Marketing Manager
Bertha DocHouse is looking for an enthusiastic, creative Marketing Assistant to support promoting the film programme, the cinema, strands and events. This is a unique opportunity for a documentary lover with a passion for marketing keen to help a small organisation shape and develop its brand identity and grow its audience.
Bertha DocHouse is the UK’s first and only cinema dedicated to documentaries. Our programming is innovative, eclectic and exciting, and alongside our screenings, we organise masterclasses, filmmaker Q&As, online screenings and panel discussions.
We are looking for a motivated and reliable forward thinker, who enjoys working as part of a small team to support our day-to-day marketing activities including social media, the website, print design and to take a leading role on researching outreach for films that require more bespoke marketing.
Marketing Assistant role
- You will support the Marketing Manager with marketing campaigns and activities for programmed films and seasons
- You will have a passion for documentary and working knowledge of cinema exhibition and distribution
- You will deliver innovative digital and print marketing campaigns with guidance from the Marketing Manager
- You will lead on outreach opportunities and maintenance of contact database
- You will support the re-design and re-launch of the Bertha DocHouse website
- You will attend the cinema on evenings and weekends several times a month to help run special events
Main duties & responsibilities
- Assist with day-to-day administration of social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Tiktok, YouTube); this includes the creation of quality, curated original content
- Provide support for implementing new social media campaign ideas
- Independently carry out outreach activities and research, including maintaining and developing a database of contacts and regularly communicating with relevant organisations for promotion
- Assist with the creation and proof-reading of weekly marketing emails
- Oversee processes for the timely sourcing and monitoring of marketing materials from filmmakers and third parties
- Contribute to competitor analysis and ongoing analytical reporting activities
- Carry out some design tasks, and support the implementation of POS marketing materials
- Participate in creating original long-form written content for both the Bertha DocHouse blog, and potential guest blogging opportunities
- Carry out website house-keeping and editing
- Maintain a timely weekly press listings submissions process
- Interest in and appreciation of documentary
- One year’s marketing experience preferred – ideally within a film festival, distribution or cinema environment
- Experienced user of Mailchimp or similar e-marketing tools
- Familiar with scheduling social media posts, including some experience with paid ads, using platforms such as Hootsuite, Twitter Media Studio, Google Ads Editor, Google Analytics, Creator Studio, FB Ads Manager
- Some experience with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Canva, Eventbrite
- Some experience of working with a CMS (website content management system)
- Previous experience of carrying out grassroots marketing outreach for an arts, community or charitable organisation
- Excellent attention to detail, and ability to manage own time and workflow independently
- Passion for learning about new marketing technologies and trends
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Flexible approach to working evenings and weekends for special events at our cinema
- Comfortable working within a small team
- A proven passion for connecting audiences with film and/or artistic experiences
- Graphic design skills, or a passion for great visual branding desired
See the job on Bertha DocHouse’s website.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com with the subject line ‘Marketing Assistant’.
The closing date for this position is 14/06/2022 at 12:00