Leeds International Film Festival
The 34th Leeds International Film Festival is currently set to take place from 3-9 November 2020. We are looking for a small dedicated group of people who are:
- Passionate about film, especially world cinema
- Reliable and available across at least four different days from 3-19 November 2020
- Enjoys being part of a team and collaborating with others
- Driven to help make Leeds International Film Festival one of the best audience experiences in the UK.
Venue Assistants – These volunteers help to run individual festival screenings, leading on ushering and assisting Venue Coordinators with scanning tickets and reporting technical faults at screenings. A passion for cinema and excellent customer service skills are a must!
Virtual Volunteers – We are really excited to introduce a new role for LIFF34 which you can enjoy from the comfort of your own home! Virtual Volunteers can get involved with website programme uploads in the lead up to the festival, writing film reviews and blog posts, social media content, online film forums, and more. Some basic IT skills will be necessary.
Volunteer benefits include:
- Being part of the incredible team at one of the UK’s biggest film festivals
- Gaining work experience and developing valuable skills
- A chance to see new films ahead of their release date
- Four free tickets at LIFF34 screenings, plus access to selected features on the new online Leeds Film Player
- Opportunities to review films & submit entries for the Volunteer Choice Award
- Access to online events, masterclasses and film discussions
- Experiencing a unique festival atmosphere and meeting others who love cinema.
The deadline to apply to volunteer is 20:00 on Sunday 11th October.
If you have any queries, please do get in touch with Anna Stopford: LeedsFilmVolunteers@leeds.gov.uk
For more information on how to apply please visit the Leeds Film website.
The closing date for this position is 11/10/2020 at 20:00