LFF XR Hosts
British Film Institute
Salary: £25,479 per annum (pro-rata)
The BFI is seeking XR Exhibition Hosts to help with the delivery of a world-class visitor experience at London Film Festival.
Fixed-Term Contract: 2 October 2023 – 22 October 2023
About the role
The XR Exhibition Hosts will support audiences experiencing the immersive artworks and will be the first point of call for customers at the exhibition. Full training will be given and a script provided for all works in the exhibition.
LFF is the UK’s leading film event and one of the world’s major film festivals, attracting significant international industry participation. It’s also one of the BFI’s major cultural activities in the year introducing the finest global cinema to expanding London and UK-wide audiences.
- To act as front of house, greeting guests, checking tickets and providing excellent customer service.
- To onboard and offboard guests into the experience, using the script given for the specific piece. Optimising the audience’s comfort and ensuring the equipment is running correctly.
- To assist the technical and production teams, providing support for the XR exhibition where needed, flagging issues for attention in a calm, professional and methodical manner.
- To ensure spare VR controllers, VR headsets and other batteries are on charge and swapped out regularly as agreed between sessions.
Experience & skills
- A proactive and customer-focused approach, with previous experience in customer-facing or front-of-house roles.
- Previous experience of working in a gallery, exhibition space, film festival, arts venue or theatre.
- Exemplary communication skills and a professional approach to dealing effectively with people at all levels.
- Ability to act responsibly under pressure with a solution-focused approach.
- Ability to work flexible hours to support the exhibition schedules which will include late evenings and weekends.
As we continue to address underrepresentation and increase access to our opportunities, priority will be given to applicants who meet the minimum requirements and fall within our under-represented groups; who identify as D/deaf and/or disabled and/or are Neurodivergent and/or identify as Black and Global Majority.
You will be contracted to BFI Southbank, although may be required to work from the following venue: Oxo Tower Wharf, Bargehouse St, London SE1 9PH,
Further details about the post can be obtained by visiting our website.
Interviews will be held during the week commencing Monday 21 August 2023
The closing date for this position is 16/08/2023 at 23:59