LFF Expanded Coordinator – XR & Immersive
British Film Institute
Salary: £24,546 - £28,245
The BFI are seeking a coordinator to work on LFF Expanded. The successful applicant will form part of the BFI Festivals team working across programme administration and production for the BFI London Film Festival.
Fixed Term Contract: April – October 2021
You will have exceptional attention to detail, experience of working in a cultural organisation or festival, in a programme or production role, including demonstrable experience of working with XR and immersive technologies. You will also have sound knowledge of XR technologies, file formats and devices. This is a coordinator level role for a confident and proactive person looking to develop programme management and production skills within XR and immersive arts.
We support diversity and inclusion, applicants from our under-represented groups, both of non-white ethnicity and/or those who identify as D/deaf and disabled we guarantee a first interview on meeting our minimum requirements.
The role is predominantly based at BFI Southbank, however, in response to the current Covid-19 pandemic all team members are currently working remotely from home until the foreseeable future.
You will enjoy benefits such as our pension scheme, excellent support for working parents, 28-33 days annual leave, tickets to BFI festivals and events plus many others.
Further details about the post can be found on the BFI website.
- Working with the XR Programmer and Senior Systems Coordinator to ensure the Programme database is well maintained throughout the programming process
- Responsible for the preparation and circulation of standardised and specialised data sets and key documents for meetings as directed by the XR Programmer and Festival Director
- Supporting the XR Programmer in tracking the status of invited works across the programme
- Supplying correct final credits to the Marketing and Web team in line with internal processes
- Support the Festivals Producer and Expanded Assistant Manager on the production and operational delivery of the Festival’s XR programme.
- Minimum GCSE or equivalent Maths and English qualification
- Experience working in a cultural organisation or festival in a programme or production role, including demonstrable experience of working with XR and immersive technologies.
- Sound knowledge of XR technologies, file formats and devices
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise, manage and meet challenging deadlines
- Ability to work independently on projects with strong reporting skills
- A forensic attention to detail with the ability to process and format large amounts of information into clear datasets.
First interviews will be held w/c 29th March or w/c 5th April 2021
The closing date for this position is 25/03/2021 at 23:59