LFF Digital Cinema Technician
British Film Institute
Salary: £30,141 per annum
The BFI is seeking a Digital Cinema Technician to join its Technical Services team for the 66th BFI London Film Festival.
You will work on the delivery of the BFI London Film Festival and will be responsible for ensuring that all necessary Digital cinema and video content is produced and distributed in a professional, high quality and timely way.
- Fixed Term Contract: 22 August – 14 October 2022
- Internal BFI job title: LFF DCP Technician
- Ensure all DCP, video and audio content required for the London Film Festival is of world-class standards, and is ready for delivery to its screening location on schedule.
- Validate and QC DCPs delivered for screening at BFI London Film Festival.
- Create, QC and sign off DCPs for films delivered as video files, festival trailers and holding slides as required.
Experience & skills
- Good knowledge of Digital Cinema, including DCP creation, wrapping, DCP subtitling and distribution processes.
- Good working knowledge of DCP creation hardware and software.
- Good working knowledge of all aspects of cinema and video screening media, including all video and audio codecs, video, disc formats, framerates, subtitling and aspect ratios.
In addition the BFI recognises that now more than ever there is a need for more tangible actions in response to racial inequality and/or disability. We support diversity and inclusion and strongly encourage applicants from our under-represented groups, who identify as D/deaf and disabled and/or are ethnically diverse. We guarantee a first interview to our under-represented groups who meet our minimum requirements.
This role is based at BFI Southbank.
For full details and to apply online, browse BFI jobs and opportunities.
First interviews will be held in week commencing Monday 8 August 2022
The closing date for this position is 01/08/2022 at 23:59