Junior Box Office Analyst
Gower Street Analytics
Salary: Dependent on experience
Gower Street Analytics is an exciting film analytics company on an accelerated expansion trajectory. Conceived and set up to improve the efficiency of the global theatrical market, we are partnering with exhibitors, distributors, and other key players to help films reach a bigger audience. We have access to the world’s most complete set of theatrical box office data. Distributors benefit from a state-of-the-art Distribution Strategy system, while exhibitors will be able to take advantage of our Booking Optimisation tool.
We combined our film industry experience with cutting-edge technology to create FORECAST, the first commercially available theatrical market simulation platform. With FORECAST, industry experts have a live, flexible and fully customisable system.
We’re looking for a Junior Box Office Analyst based in the UK, to support our film team and our clients around the globe.
Here’s what you might expect on joining the film team:
Within your first month:
- you understand how Gower Street significantly impacts the future of the movie industry and our short-term business objectives
- you have helped maintain a key market in our ground-breaking project FORECAST, accurately deploying film and audience insights
- you have learned how to onboard theatrical releases and respond quickly to changes in the film dating landscape
- you are learning how to forecast daily box office by day, by title and by country
- you are a regular participant in our industry box office predictions game 5Shots
Within your first three months:
- you are working closely with our global film team, including our expert consultants, and leading independently on areas you’re most familiar with
- you are liaising with our business team on all film-related matters, and have attended meetings with some of our key distribution and exhibition clients
- you are regularly attending screenings and slate presentations
- you are keeping up with the latest industry news and trends via trades, trailers etc.
- you are improving workflow & data quality through strong communication within the film team and across the company
- you are familiar with the analytical, data visualisation and box office tools available to you
- you have attended and participated in one of our whole company onsite meetings
Within your first year:
- you have completed our pioneering Film Industry Training program
- you are leading ad-hoc projects including bespoke reports and in-depth analysis on dating landscapes and territory/region specific trends
- you have helped to launch significant features that bring lasting value to our customers
- you have taught someone else what you have learned so far
For full details including how to apply, click here.
The closing date for this position is 12/07/2019 at 23:59