Salary: French internship minimum wage (26,25 euros per day)
Festival Scope first began in 2010 with the platform Festival Scope Pro, which provides festivals on demand to professionals only. Films from 120 of the most prestigious international festivals are presented in order to help their programming and distribution. This has fortunately allowed them to become one of the go-to hubs of the industry.
Since then, they decided to bring similar curated art-house content to a larger public. In 2016, they introduced Festival Scope, a platform that programs films from international festivals for film lovers worldwide.
It also co-organises with ARTE the ArteKino Festival, a pan-European film festival available online.
Festival Scope is currently offering a new Publishing Assistant internship.
The intern will learn the mechanisms of international launch of a film, from its presentation to a festival to its distribution with or without a sales agent, its exposure in the trades, its promotion within the industry. She/he will also gain experience working closely with the founders of Festival Scope and the whole team composed of international young dynamic professionals, all passionate about cinema and the internet.
- Updating the database of Festival Scope, Festival Scope Pro and ArteKino Festival
- Researching films from the main press outlets
- Copywriting (newsletter, press releases…)
- Preparing social media posts
- Additional tasks are undertaken depending on the intern’s interests.
- Fluent in English and must feel comfortable writing in English under tight deadlines
- Fluent in French or Spanish would be a plus
- Aware of the current festival circuit and informed of recent arthouse releases
- Previous experience managing social media accounts
- Knowledge in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, HTML may be a plus!
- The salary is the minimum wage for internships in France (26,25 euros per day)
- Must be eligible for an Internship Agreement (convention de stage) with their university
- The internship is for 6 months in Paris
To apply, send your cover letter and CV to: email@example.com
The closing date for this position is 01/06/2019 at 23:59