International Sales Internship
Salary: Expenses only
Film Constellation is offering an internship position within their International Sales team. Strong organisational skills and a passion for cinema are a must-have, with a keen interest in the business side of the industry.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
At Film Constellation you will work closely with our team to assist in general day-to-day tasks, as well as help prepare for Markets & Festivals, such as Cannes, Berlin, TIFF (Toronto) AFM (Los Angeles) and Sundance. This role will require a hands-on approach, as you will be expected to assist in all departments, including Marketing, Sales and general office admin.
The successful candidate will learn how films are acquired and sold, and will gain a good understanding of the strategy and preparation involved in launching a film into the international market place. Furthermore, they will have the opportunity to get to grips with the different facets of an International sales and financing company, including sales, acquisitions, and the entire cycle of a film, from script stage to distribution.
- Acting as first point of contact for Film Constellation: office reception, welcoming clients, managing deliveries and couriers.
- Scheduling meetings, reservations and managing company agenda
- Managing screening links and attendance reports
- Preparing regular mail-outs to our clients (announcements, screening reminders, reviews, lineups, meeting requests)
- Regular update of the company website and industry sites
- Updating key information sheets for new titles
- Social media support – content creation and/or ideas
- Proof reading materials before sending to print
- Create market bible collating and preparing important market information for the team members (schedules, contact information, travel & accommodation info etc)
- Preparing all equipment/material is packed and ready for shipment.
- Screening completed films and providing feedback to the team
- Reading scripts on a weekly basis and writing comprehensive coverage to be discussed with the team in view of assessing the film for representation
- Logging and tracking information on projects at various stages of development and financing
- Excellent organisational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong desire to learn and develop skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to deal with a wide range of people at all levels.
- Great can-do attitude with the ability to adapt quickly to different situations
- Good time management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working using Microsoft office (specifically word and Excel)
- A passion for film and more generally a keen interest in the entertainment industry.
- The ability to work independently and work cohesively as a member of a tight-knit team.
- Prior film or media industry experience welcome but not essential.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or in the process of completing)
- Familiar with the basic use of Photoshop, or any design software to create digital assets such as GIFs, social content and basic artworks.
- Mastery of a foreign language is welcome.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
The closing date for this position is 11/11/2019 at 23:59